Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves not hauling stone to stockpile  (Read 1155 times)

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves not hauling stone to stockpile
« on: December 09, 2015, 11:38:16 pm »

I have a room for my masons. I designated the center of the room as a big non-economic stone pile. Then I went on to do other things.

A while later, I noticed the pile was empty. There were lots of idle dwarves, and lots of stone lying around, but they weren't stockpiling it.

I tried deleting and remaking the pile... and this is where it gets weird.

The idle dwarves will charge off as a group to my mining level as if they were on their way to get stone. Then, before they return with any, they give up and come back to hang out in the tavern.

I decided to watch them even more closely. I made a stockpile specifically for Orthoclase. Again, the dwarves charged down to the mining level. This time I watched them closely. They weren't even heading towards the orthoclase! They were each walking to a point, deciding there wasn't stone there, and then wandering back upstairs. Then they weren't ever trying to haul stone again, unless I made a new stockpile.

I have tried deleting all my burrows, in case this was the issue. I've checked the Orders screen (they ARE allowed to haul stone).

I've repeated this many times. They always behave the same way. I just made an orthoclase pile RIGHT NEXT to a bunch of orthoclase, and they're not filling it.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves not hauling stone to stockpile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 12:02:33 am »

Due to other issues I'm going to need to abandon this fort. For some reason I ran out of plump helmet spawn, and now my booze is running out... now it's only a matter of time I'm afraid.

Still no idea what's happening with the stone stockpiles. The last fort didn't have this problem.

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 12:52:18 am »

version?

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 01:09:00 am »

Do you have wheel barrows enabled for this pile? If you do, that will limit how many dwarves can haul stone.