Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Those Keas!! DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL.  (Read 6265 times)

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
Re: Those Keas!! DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL.
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 01:43:49 pm »

Relevant :

They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Easy solution I've discovered: Periodically unforbid all those bolts, and then bring them to the Trade Depot. You can sell the individual bolts to buy new stacks of bolts.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 02:47:45 pm »

For the sake of the site, I had to at least engrave it to make it look cooler, and so the dwarves had something less creepy to look at that a master engraver made himself. It's more or less a tourist landmark for the site now. Cue the 2001: Space Odyssey music.
No, you want the eerie multitude of howling voices. "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is reserved for the moment that one of the keas realizes that dropping an anvil on a dwarf's head gives it more clothes to steal.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 08:05:25 pm »

Keas are awesome. I have my trade depot roofed and sorounded by cage traps. Then i just trained some keas. They are true terminators when gobos want to atack me, one of them place his leg on plate... and keas has been relased... Shorty after i had a lot of new metal to melt and reforge.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 11:36:09 am »

Keas are awesome. I have my trade depot roofed and sorounded by cage traps. Then i just trained some keas. They are true terminators when gobos want to atack me, one of them place his leg on plate... and keas has been relased... Shorty after i had a lot of new metal to melt and reforge.

wait... for real ? did you weaponize the kea against goblins ? and it works ? that is genius

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 12:08:52 pm »

I have anti-kea setup of 3 marksdwarves, patroling my parade grounds. (P.s. learned a little bit ago that you can have multiple orders issued to your military squad, so 3 of dwarves patroling plus 3 training at archery grounds is an OK setup for me).
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]