Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WereBeast questions.  (Read 629 times)

Keevu

• Bay Watcher
  • I would rather be with trees.
    • View Profile
WereBeast questions.
« on: December 13, 2015, 07:17:47 pm »

I have some dwarfs and I want to know if they are safe to release from quarantine. (They were damaged when a werebeast attacked) A full moon has passed. Should I keep them in quarantine longer? I am not sure if it takes a few months for a dwarf to become a werebeast after initial infection. I'd like to put them in the hospital.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: WereBeast questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 07:22:40 pm »

Bites must break the skin for a werebeast to infect someone. If you have had them in quarantine for more than a month or two and they still have not changed, then they are probably uninfected.

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:48:45 am »

Yeah it's totally safe.

In my own experience I've kept a werebeast locked up and each month he would come close to dying of starvation. Then werebeast form will replenish him. And he goes back to starving after coming back to dwarf form.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 03:16:13 am »

As been said above, the were infection/curse takes effect on the next full moon, so if that has passed without incident the victims were not infected. Furthermore, infection is most probably only transmitted by bites, and these bites have to break the skin, as BlackFlyme said. Regardless of this, I'd quarantine everyone hurt by a were (separated from each other) rather than pour through combat logs. Also note that weres are building destroyers, so a door won't keep them in (although a single cell might, due to the two tile distance requirement for building destruction).