Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: performance optimization with performances  (Read 631 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
performance optimization with performances
« on: December 07, 2015, 07:42:10 pm »

Whenever I do a performance, DF seems to hang for a long while with low CPU use and without increasing memory consumption. 

Just sort of sits there for a few minutes, before the performance starts.  Often, performance is okay between each segment of the ... performance ... after that performance of the performance tends to improve.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
Re: performance optimization with performances
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 08:38:59 pm »

So would you say that the performing performance of your CPU is not performing at a level optimum for actually performing performances due to the fall in performance?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:58:36 pm »

or maybe there's just an implicit pause there, and it was waiting for me to hit a key even though there wasn't any kind of prompt...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 10:11:01 pm »

The prompts for performing seem to be covered by the text 'Focused' on my display. Had no idea why dancing wasn't working until I tried it while unfocused one day. Move to the X, oh sure simple when you know how...

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 10:15:53 pm »

I am almost positive you have to press the wait key before starting a performance. I remember one time wondering why it took so long, but now I hit wait and it seems to work right afterwards. Fairly sure you need to . before starting.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:43:41 pm »

Moving the window and doing something else while I waited was not helping at all!

Haha.