Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where have the mummies gone?  (Read 903 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Where have the mummies gone?
« on: December 06, 2015, 12:41:21 am »

I haven't seen a mummy since 34.11 has anyone seen a mummy in the more recent versions because I have grave robbed a lot and haven't seen one since 34.11

I heard it might be a 1/10 chance but I'm hoping for some confirmation.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:46:57 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Where have the mummies gone?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 02:10:59 am »

Tons in 42.01/.02 in my experience. I did swap it so dorfs make tombs instead of humans (small steel gear vs more large iron gear which humans have tons of in mead halls? easy choice) but that shouldn't make a difference on the mummy activation rate. I'd say easily 50% from the last several worlds I've gone tomb-robbing in.

Just checked, the 40 mb gamelog.txt from the Victorian mod folder had 11 instances of mummy in it, the 17 mb one from my df40 folder had 3 instances, the 4 mb one from my df42 folder had 30 instances.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:23:14 am by Max™ »

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:28:27 am »

The problem with a randomized/procedural game is that if a lot of people play it, there's a near statistical certainty that there's gonna be somebody that just gets crappy world gens time after time after time. You're just unlucky :(
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:55:25 am »

I had a string where I went to 3 tombs last night, something like 9 or 10 individual tomb buildings at 3 different sites and every one had a mummy. Was really annoying actually because I had to pick something up and run then go to a different one until they despawn.