Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: all intelligent corpses in corpse stockpile instead of refuse stockpile  (Read 1481 times)

Skully

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs more Cthulu. And foxes. Always more foxes.
    • View Profile

So, I play with the Fortress Defense mod, as well as a couple of additional civs I cooked up myself. But for some reason in 42.02 all the dead siegers go into the "corpse" stockpile instead of the "refuse" one.
In previous versions I've generally set up automated corpse disposal systems for enemies, but because of the lack of filters on the "corpse" option I can't only get rid of the enemies.
I normally play with DFHack, fyi.
This may be a bug, I dunno.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: all intelligent corpses in corpse stockpile instead of refuse stockpile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 08:23:27 pm »

Probably something to do with the new fort visitors. It makes more sense to put your dead human bard in the corpse stockpile than in the refuse one.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Skully

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs more Cthulu. And foxes. Always more foxes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:08:12 pm »

Probably something to do with the new fort visitors. It makes more sense to put your dead human bard in the corpse stockpile than in the refuse one.
Yea, but it's also annoying to need to dump each wave of monster corpses into the trash compactor, instead of just having a hauling route do it for me. :/

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:52:21 am »

I'd say it's an improvement, since separating stockpiles into a sapient one and a regular one is a pain (and doubly so without DFHack's search). When DFHack is updated, you can set up a quantum stockpile to dump into the trash compactor/magma incinerator and disable the track stop on the cases where you've got bodies you actually want to bury (or just memorialize them with engraved slabs).

However, I agree that if all sapients now go into the Corpse top category (dwarf didn't do anything under refuse before either, even if it was an enemy necro or undead), that category ought to be broken down.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:00:05 am »

This is news to me.

Does the corpse stockpile accept sapient beings such as animal men, gorlaks and maneras?

Aren't there also a separate category of 'corpse' stockpiles that are a subset of refuse stockpiles?

I've only ever made use of refuse stockpiles using the 'corpses' and 'body parts' subcategories instead of the Corpse stockpile option, just so I can sort all my sapient corpses from the non-sapient ones to avoid all the horror sapient corpses and their body parts cause.

But if the corpse stockpiles are for sapients only now, this is great! I won't have manually set up the sapient and non-sapient stockpiles now.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 03:25:38 am »

There is a refuse-corpse sub category in the stockpile menu that lists all creatures, including sapients (including dwarf). The dwarf one did nothing in 0.40.24, since all dwarves were set to the corpse top level stockpiles instead, and this should now occur for all sapients. I've yet to try the feature out, since I'd already set up my stockpiles when I saw this info.

A somewhat related question, though, is if sapient bone now is off limits for bone carvers? If that's the case there is no reason to (quantum) stockpile those not destined for burial rather than just incinerate or atom smashing them.
And, veering further off course: Do dwarves refuse to wear sapient leather items? Both in 0.40.24 and in 0.42.02 I've had sapient creature loincloths in my stockpiles even though loincloths are usually hotly desired.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:25:28 am »

Yea, but it's also annoying to need to dump each wave of monster corpses into the trash compactor, instead of just having a hauling route do it for me. :/

Well, can't you simply mass-dump the corpses left in the stockpiles after the mounts have been butchered?

Otherwise, does the refuse stockpile not have options for specific kinds of corpses any longer?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.