Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone had barfights yet?  (Read 2261 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone had barfights yet?
« on: December 02, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

My tavern is filled with human/goblin/elven/dwarven bards and entertainers and whatnot, but there haven't been any incidents yet after a couple of years.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone had barfights yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 05:22:39 pm »

I am assuming thats more of an adventure mode thing really...in fortress mode it probably takes someone with the right personality getting super drunk to start a fight. Would like to see how they play out though...maybe the fortress guard can finally have a use beyond killing or maiming your own people to death for silly infractions and actually act like a proper police force for real crimes like bar fights

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:40 pm »

Dwarves are resistant to the effects of inebriation.  Try removing that tag and see what happens.

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 07:44:03 pm »

I've had a couple in dwarf mode, though unfortunately haven't witnessed either of them. I only know because my miner was "feeling unfettered after causing trouble" and "feeling unfettered after getting into a fight." Later, and herbalist was "unfocused" for the same reasons. The fights haven't shown up in the combat logs; neither does sparring.
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:34:17 pm »

I've had a couple in dwarf mode, though unfortunately haven't witnessed either of them. I only know because my miner was "feeling unfettered after causing trouble" and "feeling unfettered after getting into a fight." Later, and herbalist was "unfocused" for the same reasons. The fights haven't shown up in the combat logs; neither does sparring.

I wonder if getting into arguments constitutes fighting. Because my dorfs sure seem to enjoy that too.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 11:50:40 pm »

No bar fights, but many many deaths presumably from alcohol poisoning.

ant99000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 01:01:04 am »

My miner hacked another dwarf to death with his pickaxe for no reason at the beginning of the fort, I assume he was drunk.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 10:37:24 am »

My miner hacked another dwarf to death with his pickaxe for no reason at the beginning of the fort, I assume he was drunk.

Aren't barfights supposed to be nonlethal?