Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tavern Crawl Adventure  (Read 1591 times)

Nibblewerfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tavern Crawl Adventure
« on: December 02, 2015, 10:34:57 am »

So with the new version coming out I have finally decided to get into posting on the forums. I will start an adventurer who will go throughout the world visiting each tavern and hopefully starting  a massive brawl within them.
I need suggestions right now for values and personality traits as well as skills and attributes with the exception of these: Intemperance (likes drinking), Prone to anger (I want him/her in a constant state of internal rage), and lastly likes brawls.
I will begin posting results as soon as I get back from work and I find any suggestions.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Crawl Adventure
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 12:01:03 pm »

That's what I'm doing at the moment, going from Not Fighter to (hopefully) legendary. I've got an Elven Bard companion - we perform in each tavern, beat people up in a brawl, then steal their pouches at night. I spar with the bard during travels.
Dabbling Overseer

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:28:01 pm »

How do you spar? Is that new?

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:08:47 am »

This.

Also, how does one perform a dance/song? When I press k and select "begin a performance", all I can do is tell a story. :o
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 08:01:10 am »

Your adventurer must know absolutely no songs or poems or musical styles or poetic styles! Maybe you can compose your own song? If not, it could be that your adventurer's culture has no music, you'd have to travel to another civ and learn music from them!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 04:09:06 pm »

I'm pretty sure sparring is only for military training at the moment. Also its been in the game for awhile, a long time actually.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:05 pm »

No, I mean in adventure mode. Of course I know about sparring in fortress mode.