Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crypthammer - A Reclamation (D&D 5e)  (Read 650 times)

JustMercy1994

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crypthammer - A Reclamation (D&D 5e)
« on: December 29, 2015, 09:57:10 pm »

Hello, various people from Bay12. I have created a oneshot (though it may evolve) D&D 5e adventure that has been entirely inspired by Dwarf Fortress. I suppose I thought I'd open it up to you all first, as you're more familiar with the surrounding "lore" of Toady's random world/history generator. The adventure will involve four dwarves, sent by their kingdom's capital, to locate a missing outpost liasion and delve secure lodgings and await an incoming migrant wave. The fortress has gone quiet for several seasons now, though it was originally founded by dwarven exiles who had violated the laws of their civilization. Additional information can be found here, if you should wish to apply: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/37658/crypthammer-a-reclamation

More importantly, beyond just advertising my D&D game, I guess I'm curious. Is it a good idea to use Dwarf Fortress to randomly create worlds, histories, magical beasts, etc., for classic pen and papers? I've found it -relatively- easy to adapt D&D 5e to the Dwarf Fortress world, through various magic restrictions and the like. It's also a damn sight easier to create a story when everything has names and even stories within the Legends Viewer that I can adapt and add onto. I hope folks take an interest in this, although, this will be my first time DM'ing a proper game...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Crypthammer - A Reclamation (D&D 5e)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:10:40 pm »

Yes it is a great background for randomly generated histories/worlds/terrain/etc.