Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Emotional traps  (Read 988 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Emotional traps
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:43:02 am »

Seeing corpses, especially sentient ones, has a way of giving bad thoughts to dwarves, with high enough density resulting in instant shock as the new butcher opens the door.

Furthermore, given they can be piled upon an already-existing trap they'd be extremely space-efficient.

What have been your experiences and designs on culling sieges by horror? Has any attacker started slaughtering their comrades?

(Though, I'd guess corpse piles would mostly work on humans, with elves and goblins to evil to care.)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional traps
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:42:39 pm »

I've had half a goblin siege romp through a cave with about 200 dead things in it, dead things being mostly goblins, bards and keas. The siegers didn't seem to care much.

Migrants that inevitably end up running through there did occasionally go a bit nuts, though most of them didn't seem to care enough. They desensitize pretty quickly too.

I wonder what fun could be had by making the dead stuff stockpile in the same place as the tavern?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional traps
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 02:36:14 pm »

If any of those visitors loves keas or goblins, and the place is also a temple....Hm, well I guess it'd require something like 500+ bodies in it by your experience though might be safer way to send werebeasts out into the wide world.

At least visitor-only path isn't too hard to make, just some traffic designations or pressure plates, though that would likely also snag visiting caravans.