Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Adventurer Nobles? Help Request  (Read 1008 times)

Whodunnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No Adventurer Nobles? Help Request
« on: November 12, 2015, 09:47:43 am »

So I retired my adventurer in my retired fortress.

When I unretired the fortress I  used "tweak makeown" to make the adventurer part of it. But then I found that I could not give noble positions to my ex-adventurer. This miffs me a bit since the whole idea was to make the adventurer the ruler of the fort.

Anyone have any idea why adventurers cannot take noble positions? Ideas on how to fix it? Have you managed to make an adventurer a noble in your fort? If so, how did you do it?

I'm playing as Ant men, using slightly tweaked dwarf entity stats. The adventurer is from the same civ as the fort, though she was listed as hostile before I used tweak makeown.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Adventurer Nobles? Help Request
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 03:47:50 am »

It's odd that you had to use DFHack. I've retired adventurers in retired forts, and they become citizens. Did you attack any of the fort members beforehand?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 10:48:09 pm »

I've had a problem with retired adventurers not even showing up in the population when I unretired the fort. I re-retired the fort and selected the adventurer, and he we was right were I left him in the fort.
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 02:16:31 pm »

So I retired my adventurer in my retired fortress.

When I unretired the fortress I  used "tweak makeown" to make the adventurer part of it. But then I found that I could not give noble positions to my ex-adventurer. This miffs me a bit since the whole idea was to make the adventurer the ruler of the fort.

Anyone have any idea why adventurers cannot take noble positions? Ideas on how to fix it? Have you managed to make an adventurer a noble in your fort? If so, how did you do it?

I'm playing as Ant men, using slightly tweaked dwarf entity stats. The adventurer is from the same civ as the fort, though she was listed as hostile before I used tweak makeown.

I know how you feel, but hey adventurers can make wonderful engravings!

Seriously though, I'm also trying to find out why I can't assign them a noble role. What really makes it weird is that I can assign a sentient creature an noble role who isn't from my civilization nor species if I use makeown.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress