Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Galactic Civilizations III - Released  (Read 14242 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Civilizations III - Released
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2015, 04:38:14 pm »

You can destroy trade goods. Also, the way the terraforming works usually lets you set up clusters, provided it isn't literally all straight lines (and even then you can get the little 4-hex diamonds).

That said, I did notice what you mentioned about planet scarcity. I think it's partially to do with the removal of the option to select the average quality of habitable worlds.

I'm also pissed about how they fucked up the ship designer -- it took me over an hour of fiddling to figure out how to rotate the camera!

One thing that's a definite improvement, though, is the fiscal management graph thing over the old tax slider.

e: Something seems to be off about the AI. I'm playing with Conquest, Influence, and Alliance victories all on in my current game, but every single faction (except the Terrans who NA-pacted me early) DoW'd me at the same time, even the ones with similar alignment -- the Drengin were the last and I'm Pragmatic with a touch of Benevolent (or w/e)!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:28:52 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Civilizations III - Released
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2015, 06:55:43 pm »

50% currently on the steam sale. How has the updates been since release?

Not expecting much improvement in the way of the interface, but mostly wondering whether the planet ratios and planet qualities I experienced before were working as intended or have been improved.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]