Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can we modify embark pop size or immigrant waves?  (Read 532 times)

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can we modify embark pop size or immigrant waves?
« on: November 18, 2015, 11:02:46 am »

A friend and I were discussing how difficult it would be to start with a max-population fort. I laughed, thinking of all the !FUN! that would be had, and wondered if there was a way to make that happen early, rather than building up to it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Can we modify embark pop size or immigrant waves?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 01:51:02 pm »

Dfhack... Used to be able to do that? There was a plugin, anyway. Maybe it still works. I'd go pester the dfhack thread for information, but they never answer my questions anymore. :P

But not outside of dfhack, no. There's no way to modify embark numbers normally, and the only way i can think of to get the game to throw hordes of peasants at you ASAP would be to be able to immediately start producing some product with extremely high value and export a bunch of it to the first caravan. At least, I recall that immigrants are attracted by wealth and job opportunities, and dissuaded by fatalities.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 07:42:19 pm »

Yeah the start-dwarf plugin works just fine.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:00:52 am »

ha hah, thanks!!