Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are there any up to date tilesets?  (Read 609 times)

Judge Dredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are there any up to date tilesets?
« on: January 01, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »

I've looked around but all the main ones, Phoebus, Maydays among others date back to V40.00

Are there any maintained graphical tilesets out there?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any up to date tilesets?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 06:31:13 pm »

The Starter Pack has them but due to a secret conspiracy to force everyone to use it, the actual updated packs are apparently hidden from the forum and dffd.

I believe fricy maintains unofficial updates of all the major packs (and I guess this is where the Starter Pack gets them from). There's a github link hidden somewhere amongst the tilesets boards.

I don't use them myself, so hadn't realised just how obscure it is for anyone new to find updated versions.

Oh but new people should use the Starter Pack... >:(

-- For a start Community Mayday seems to be the updated version of Mayday, it's on DFFD for 42.04
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:34:47 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any up to date tilesets?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »

A list of Fricy's packs can be found at https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics. Note that you can only download them individually by following the links (e.g. "ASCII-Default") and then clicking "Download ZIP", and they only include changed files, so you'll have to make sure you don't, say, replace the entire raw folder and get rid of all of the files you need that the graphics set you're installing doesn't touch.

PE's and Fricy's packs haven't updated to 0.42.04 yet, it seems, and Beautato has been inactive recently.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.