Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 6 Houses-GMless RolePlay:Worldbuilding Mode  (Read 1191 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 6 Houses-Gmless Roleplay: Worldbuilding Mode
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 01:41:48 pm »

Sounds good Clay, but let's wait until we're done Worldbuilding to start Roleplaying.

Is everyone ready to Roleplay?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 01:54:12 pm »

Nope.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 02:40:25 pm »

The end of the Etruscans, Downfall of the Firstborn Rule in Rome  509 BC

In the Annals of Vampiric History there had been many wars with the so called Firstborn, the original and "natural" Werewolf species. Before Rome became a Vampiric Republic it had been long under the rule of the Etruscans, in fact Firstborn Werewolves.

The Etruscan Kingdom was increasingly influenced by the House of Conquest, Pestilence, Famine and War and crackdown on the four houses by King Tarquinius caused ever greater tension in the Kingdom. Finally the infamous rape of the wife of the House War leader led to the overthrowal of the Werewolf kingdom and to a century long campaign of extinction against the Firstborn.

Over the centuries Firstborn and Vampires clashed repeatedly in bloody wars. Most notably the spread of Christianism was later on used to justify wars against the firstborn in the public eye, with the Roman Conquest of Britain and the Burning of Inis Mona the FIrstborn teetered on the brink of extinction...

Black Gold, Svartalfar in Norway

Few Countries in todays world are not influenced by the Powerful Vampiric Bloc, but they exist. The most notable exception is Norway and Scandinavia and the Baltic in general.

Norway had only become the richest nation on earth in recent times due to the discovery of immense natural resources, driving factor behind this are the secluded Svartalfar Guilds, ensuring economic stability to keep the Northern Bloc able to stay out of Vampiric Politics.

North Korea, The Last of Us

To the human public, North Korea is a den of scum and villainy. A Cruel Dictatorship and Rogue Nation. Truth is, Norht Korea is the last entirely human run country and the only country which knows the entire truth. The Kims had seen the signs of the time and managed to create a nation free from supernatural influence. Whether that turned out for the better is an entirely different question.

some more fluff...im not sure about the North Korean one though...just struck my fancy. Thought i present the dwarves as the norse originals, organized in "guilds" and in the Anti-Vampire power bloc...except if you guys think this entire thing of geo-political supernatural power blocs is crap...

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 02:48:27 pm »

I don't see why dwarves should be a separate race. They're just short humans. I like the bits of fluff though.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 05:01:25 pm »

Question here: when was that Civil War?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 05:22:07 pm »

The Civil war was during the cusp of Civilization, about 10,000 BC or so. Before then, there was the tribes of Pestilence, Death, and War. Before written history, Pestilence or Death (It is unknown) used advanced sciences/dark magic to create Vampirekind, and The House of War came from the less scholarly Vampires. Then when Civilization started kicking off, the Civil War began when The House of Conquest split off from the House of War. Famine was made when the Egyptians fell. Then the House of Torment came to being in Biblical times.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 06:00:51 pm »

What are your thoughts on FATE? Any good?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 06:19:01 pm »

FATE? never played it.

Blood and Bones, The 30 Years War and the War of Brethren

While the most Famous Vampiric Civil War was the War after the establishment of House Conquest there was one more incident afterwards.
It began during the Thirty Years War, when a minor territorial incident between the Court of Skulls and the Court of Needles caused the greatest Conflict between the Courts since the Civil War. Soon enough sides were declared and the humans mobilized. While the Great Houses of War, Conquest and Famine stayed neutral in the beginning, The Court of Cowls soon declared for their Necromantic allies and often enough was the main participant in the struggle.

In the initial years of the War the Court of Cowls unleashed the prohibited Black Death, which after its initial use in the 14th century had been banned by petition from the Court of Needles.
Despite protests Pestilence repeatedly used the plague during the war, allowing the Court of Skulls to mobilize their undead armies faster than ever before. The Court of Needles answered by petitioning the help of the Court of Masks leading to the infamous Witch Hunts which killed hunreds of House Death members, among them the infamous and never forgotten Heinrich Kemmler, a blow almost as terrible as the Fall of Atlantis and Egypt to the Court of Skulls.

As the war dragged on and both sides couldn't muster the sheer military power to bring the other to submission without the Help of Conquest nor War, The Houses went to ever more exotic lengths to defeat each other.
These efforts led to the creation of Clan Bone and Clan Blood. Initially developed by Pestilence fleshcrafters a single captured Firstborn was submitted to immense atrocities to spawn the Clan Bone werewolves. Classic Werewolves they are able to shift form whenever they please.
After first successes of use against Court of Needle vampires several were captured and twisted. This led to the creation of Clan Blood, the other major Werewolf clan.
Far more bloodthirsty and feral, these werewolves are immensely vulnerable to silver and suffer from an inability to turn into Human Form. Instead they can at best shift their bestial form into overly large wolves, by the common man wrongly categorized as timber wolves.
The escalation of violence due to introduction of werewolves finally broke the camels back.
House Conquest finally intervened with the Help of Conquest and Famine and established itself finally as the Leader of Vampirekind as we know it today.

The forced cessation of hostilities quickly led to an overabundance of unused werewolves. Horrid treatment led to ever increasing discontent among the werewolves and led to the first werewolf uprisings in 1764. Led by a wolf today only known as the Beast of Gevaudan over 200 vampires fell victim to him alone. This resulted in the Great Werewolf Purges and a panicked flight of survivors to North America.

In later years Werewolves once again were forced into slavery, this time by House Conquest however in 1861 Werewolves finally had it and in a bloody uprising ensured their own independence.

In modern times the two Clans have settled down in the Northern Hemisphere, particularly Canada, Russia and Scandinavia.
Werewolf government is strictly clan based.
The two Clans are led by a council of elders...some of which are well over 400 years old by now.
Elders in turn give orders to Pairs of Alpha-Wolves which lead local Werewolf populations some of which can have sizes of up to five hundred.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »

For the Werewolves: I say let's expand on their abilities.

For my idea on werewolves, or in this case, Shapeshifters, their powers go beyond just the ability to turn into a wolf-man. First, they just turn into wolves, bears, pretty much any predatory creature common to the characters culture. As time goes on, however, they begin to take control of their shifting and can change into other animals, and change their appearance to other people. Even later on, they will be able to turn into elemental forces. Their identity is always in constant crisis, and some shifters become permanently trapped into certain shapes, having forgotten their humanity, and just staying forever an elemental force or wildlife.

As for Vampires, the older they become, the more demonic they become. If they don't feed though, they slowly rot away and become zombies and eventually skeletons, and even become ghosts whose very soul unravels to nothing. Their hunger for life only grows the longer they don't feed.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Omens of Apocalypse:Worldbuilding Mode
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 09:54:18 am »

Here's how a Shapeshifter Elder could look like.

Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 6 Houses-GMless RolePlay:Worldbuilding Mode
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 05:42:10 pm »

Bump.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 [2]