Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Items missing from Embark!  (Read 1858 times)

oronnoro2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Items missing from Embark!
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:56:57 pm »

EDIT:
LMeire, slay_mithos, Thank you for you help. The kobold race was the problem, thank you for the suggestion LMeire, changing it to dwarf totally fixed it.

Using 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March

Sutremaine suggested I post my missing items problem to the MW forums, and I think this is it so I'll post the problem here.

When I start DF through MW, make my map, and finally get to the embark screen, when I try to add new items like pickax or hatchet they are not there. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I need to enable something though MW but I cannot add the items I need before I start the game.

Code: [Select]
http://postimg.org/image/uhr54fb9x/
http://postimg.org/image/kz9xnugz5/
http://postimg.org/image/lgjfzmllb/

So, I downloaded LNP and the items that are not in MW (like pickax and hatchet) are in LNP, I don't understand why. Same thing with vanilla, the items I want to add are there, but masterworks is the only one that has these items hidden or removed. Those aren't the only items missing, there are a bunch from how small the list is.

Thank you for your help!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:03:41 pm by oronnoro2 »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Items missing from Embark!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:56:51 am »

Well, this is Masterwork, not the LNP, so there will be differences.
One of those being that no "training" weapons can be used as tools to cut trees and dig.

Also, both axes and pickaxes have 2 types the cheaper ones to be used as tools, and the weapon ones, to be used in the military.

The tools are usually available in copper (the cheapest at embark).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 10:36:36 am »

What race are you trying to play as? IIRC, kobolds don't have access to pickaxes by design.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

oronnoro2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 03:31:01 pm »

EDIT:
LMeire, slay_mithos, Thank you for you help. The kobold race was the problem, thank you for the suggestion LMeire, changing it to dwarf totally fixed it.

slay_mithos

Well, this is Masterwork, not the LNP, so there will be differences.
I know MW is not LNP, I'm trying to make a simple comparison bast off the fact I cannot start my adventure with any pickaxes or hatchets period.

One of those being that no "training" weapons can be used as tools to cut trees and dig.
I was not trying to get training weapons as substitute for my mining tools ect...

Also, both axes and pickaxes have 2 types the cheaper ones to be used as tools, and the weapon ones, to be used in the military.
I'm still very, very new to the game, I just want my pickax, however, I cannot get it, its not in the embark menu.

The tools are usually available in copper (the cheapest at embark).
Not possible, they do not show up.

LMeire

What race are you trying to play as? IIRC, kobolds don't have access to pickaxes by design.
I didn't even know I was able to choose a race, shows how much I'm new to DF. I just start DF through MW and play on. Maybe that's the problem, I will investigate.[/size]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:03:56 pm by oronnoro2 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 11:56:25 am »

You should probably start with vanilla DF.

Kobolds do not have access to rock, metal or pickaxes by design. They only work with wood, animal parts, clay, sand...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::