Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flamebreak  (Read 898 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Flamebreak
« on: November 10, 2015, 02:22:29 pm »

A week ago I was wandering about on reddit and found a giveaway thread for a game called Flamebreak. I looked at it and decided why not, and I got myself a free key from the devs. After playing for a few days I found it quite a good game and very addicting.

It's an action RPG roguelite with map movement like FTL and combat like Binding of Isaac and MOBAs. Basically you start with three randomized loadouts that consist of a race (consisting of stat modifiers and a racial ability) from a few starting ones, a weapon chosen from a few, each with specific perks and two generic abilities from a set of 20+.

You use these to survive skirmishes vs a variety of enemies and move along the map, buying equipment to improve your basic attacks, skill damage and cooldown, health, movement speed, etc. There's also nifty item sets that give special effects once completed, and rare items from the bazaar that double your attack damage in exchange of lowering attack speed, give you a big chunk of god favor, and more.

There's also gods that give you perks when you get enough favor with them, like healing after every battle. Favor is obtained by preserving their altars, destroying other gods' altars, or buying specific items. These gods also serve as final bosses, as you get to fight one of them on their turf.

As you play you unlock more races, weapons and abilities, and a custom mode that lets you play whatever loadout you want.

All in all it's a very decent game and it's still on its way to get more updates based on feedback. It's 10$ on Steam which is a good price for the amount of content it has. Here's some links for you.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/399640/

https://www.reddit.com/r/flamebreak/

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebreak
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 04:37:37 pm »

It scares me that they are trying to compare it to a MOBA when really they should be comparing it to something like Sword of Mana. :P

That said it looks at least okay, might actually consider getting it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebreak
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 04:43:50 pm »

That's exactly the game I had the feeling of. I played it a long time ago but I forgot and it's what I wanted to compare it too. I was thinking some Legend of Zelda but it wasn't exactly right :v many tanks.