Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (SG) Katia the Alien Smasher  (Read 1826 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
(SG) Katia the Alien Smasher
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:59:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is written in the cosmic scrolls that Pascal's Gate, a reality warping artifact of great and sinister power, resides on the blue planet Earth in the System Sol. The scrolls also warn that those with wicked hearts who seek to exploit this artifact must face the Smasher, a human woman chosen once every generation and tasked with defending her planet, and the universe, from the evil potential of Pascal's Gate.

It was never explicitly written that the Smasher would learn of her destiny shortly before starting sophomore year at a new high school in a new hick town with a shitty social scene and a shittier internet connection, but life isn't fair, now is it? Aw well, at least keeping your identity secret will not be hard; After all, it is not like you live in an era with social media, a 24 hour news cycle, and constant government snooping, right? ...Shit.

Character Creation:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:30:45 pm by Weirdsound »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) ???? the Alien Smasher
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 02:58:36 am »

Name: Katia Sang
Ethnicity: Hispanic/Korean

Appearance: she is fairly short has and light brown skin, she has round dark Orange eyes and short spiky black hair

Non-Smasher related Goals for High School: get through high school

What you wanted to be when you grew up before finding out you were doomed to fight aliens: she never really thought about it too much. she has always been too focused on her future to think about what she is going to do....in...the...future she has always had to many people telling her what she should do that she never really had time to think about it herself

High School Electives/Focus:
-College Prep
-Vocational Training
Smasher Powers:
-Can speak and understand all human and sentient alien languages
-Innate Mastery of all human manufactured infantry grade weapons
-Aggressive Healing Factor + Superhuman Pain Tolerance
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:22:20 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 03:30:20 pm »

Name: Amy Greenwall
Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian

Appearance: A tall girl with pale skin, long black hair, bright green eyes, and an hourglass figure with slightly-larger-than-average breasts.

Non-Smasher related Goals for Highschool: Well, she's never really had friends before... Making some friends would be nice.

What you wanted to be when you grew up before finding out you were doomed to fight aliens: Become a renowned author and create tear-jerking masterpieces of literature. And possibly do a bit of acting on the side.

Highschool Electives/Focus:
-Theater
-Creative Writing

Smasher Powers:
-Ability to leave no biological, geological, or electronic trace of yourself behind... unless you intend to
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:36:17 pm by Audioworm333 »
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 01:30:10 pm »

Name: Amy Greenwall
Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian

Appearance: A tall girl with pale skin, long black hair, bright green eyes, and an hourglass figure with slightly-larger-than-average breasts.

Non-Smasher related Goals for Highschool: Well, she's never really had friends before... Making some friends would be nice.

What you wanted to be when you grew up before finding out you were doomed to fight aliens: Become a renowned author and create tear-jerking masterpieces of literature. And possibly do a bit of acting on the side.

Highschool Electives/Focus:
-Theater
-Creative Writing

Smasher Powers:
-Ability to leave no biological, geological, or electronic trace of yourself behind... unless you intend to
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »

Name: Katia Sang
Ethnicity: Hispanic/Korean

Appearance: she is fairly short has and light brown skin, she has round dark Orange eyes and short spiky black hair

Non-Smasher related Goals for High School: get through high school

What you wanted to be when you grew up before finding out you were doomed to fight aliens: she never really thought about it too much. she has always been too focused on her future to think about what she is going to do....in...the...future she has always had to many people telling her what she should do that she never really had time to think about it herself

High School Electives/Focus:
-College Prep
-Vocational Training
Smasher Powers:
-Can speak and understand all human and sentient alien languages
+1 I think this one will be more interesting
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:06:59 pm by Swords-Otter »
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 10:40:23 pm »

Would it be wrong to have a non-Smasher related goal that involved competitively playing Super Smash Bros?

Anyway, +1 to Katia.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 12:50:08 am »

I only care about the powers.

-Strength and Endurance 10x that of an average human athlete
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 07:29:38 am »

+1 To Katia and Andres Suggestion, whichever eds up with more gets my vote.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 09:26:59 pm »

Alright. Looks like Katia wins. Writing intro now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Katia the Alien Smasher
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 11:30:06 pm »

Katia Sang:

Friday, August 21, 2015

Early Morning:

After wrapping up the fourth and final long leg of the trip from LA to your new home in Jackson County and moving most of the furniture into the house yesterday, your exhausted family sleeps in. Nobody wakes up until your Aunt Sarah arrives at the door with a large bag full of McDonald's breakfast sandwich.

Breakfast is peaceful; Your father and cousin Eddy need to get some calories in them before the fighting starts. This time the catalyst being Eddie's refusal to attend the Jackson County School District Start of the Year Barbecue event, but it is all mostly noise; Eddy cannot understand your father's Korean, and dad cannot understand Eddie's Spanish insults. You can only roll your eyes and grimace, glad that neither sees fit to involve you this time. Luckily this episode does not come to blows, and with some effort your Aunt Sarah is able to herd everybody into her van.

Your family arrives at the fairgrounds for the barbecue. Your father gets to work setting up his cooking space, while Eddy wanders off to throw rocks at a mean looking dog behind a chain link fence. Aunt Sarah, the assistant superintendent of the School District, takes you around to meet some of your teachers.

First you are introduced to Sergent Knox, a large Caucasian man in his mid fifties who will be your PE teacher. He seems nice enough, but you get the distinct feeling that he is the sort of instructor who puts his students through hell in terms of training.

Next you meet Dr. Lee, an older Chinese fellow who teaches the AP math and science classes that you will be taking. You have a pleasant conversation with him and learn that he is actually a college professor from San Jose who has temporary relocated out to the country to look after his ailing mother. He then assures you that you will thrive in his class.

Your AP English teacher, Ms. Fern, is a young lady fresh out of college who will be teaching your AP English course. She is full of energy and can't help but gush about all the amazing things she has planned for her first year teaching.

Lastly you are lead to the barbecue DJ booth and introduced to Mr. Jacobs, an overweight bearded fellow wearing a MLP T-Shirt in his late 30s or early 40s. Aunt Sarah explains that he is the Highschool Janitor and will be teaching a class on plumbing installation and repair to the vocational training students this semester. Your brief discussion with the man is a bit awkward as he stares at you funny and keeps trying to discuss pop culture that somebody his age has no right to understand.

Late Morning:

Eventually the time comes for the event to actually begin, your classmates and some of their families begin to show up. After a brief and boring introduction speech by the principle, a truly ancient looking woman by the name of Mrs. Crumplebottom, everybody is turned loose to enjoy the festivities. You grab one of the hamburgers that your dad and the rest of the kitchen staff are slinging, as well as a can of Pepsi, and begin to wander the grounds in search of something to do.

Your cousin Eddy has already tracked down the jocks, but his attempt to get on their good side doesn't seem to be going so well. It sounds like they are patronizing and teasing him, mostly on account of the fact that he is Hispanic. You get the feeling that not being white in Jackson County isn't going to be easy.

Speaking of non-whites, you quickly pick out the only other Asians in the whole school, two girls and a boy who seem to be siblings. They are set up at a picnic blanket with their parents and younger brother. You are hesitant to approach them as they appear Japanese, and your dad would frown upon you befriending the Japanese.

The school cheer squad is out in force today. The run the occasional cheer routine, and flag down each incoming female student with a flier promoting Cheer Tryouts next thursday. The Cheerleader who approaches you, a junior by the name of Tamiqua, also mentions that the school has girls softball and soccer teams, should actually playing sports be more of your thing.

You catch something weird going on at the DJ booth. A 6'5 Indian man wearing spandex is having a rather tense conversation with Mr. Jacobs in a language you are pretty sure isn't Hindi. It is hard to make out over the music, but luckily the large man is speaking loud enough for you to pick out some of his phrases, and you don't think you like what you hear:

"Ranzaq told me she will be starting this semester, so I will be keeping my eye on the freshmen girls."

"Don't fuck with me human. You know I can remove your skeleton without a second thought."

"In such proximity to the Gate, it will be fully charged within a matter of weeks."

Eventually the large fellow who is likely a disguised alien departs, leaving Mr. Jacobs rather pale and disturbed. He then proceeds to play three straight tracks by the Smashing Pumpkins, which you sincerely hope isn't his method of calling for the Smasher. Why didn't you buy a purse big enough to hide your gun again?

It is now early afternoon. What do you do?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 09:39:41 am »

when it says mace, does it mean like a medevil mace or a can of mace?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:41:18 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 01:10:29 pm »

Can of mace.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 11:11:25 pm »

I guess try to Discreetly trail the guy and see if you can figure out what he's up to
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 12:55:15 pm »

I guess try to Discreetly trail the guy and see if you can figure out what he's up to
+1 Try to locate the alien.
Max avatar size is 80x80