Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack workflow - item names  (Read 895 times)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack workflow - item names
« on: October 07, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »

I'm pretty new to Dwarf Fortress so I'm sort of mucking my way through my first real fortress XD I think I'm doing okaaaay so far, and I've discovered that DFHack's workflow is love for food and drink stocks. But I can't seem to figure out the item names/tags for certain things, I keep getting Item Not Found.

Could someone tell me what the item names are for clothing types? Like shirts, gloves, etc. I'd really like to set up things while I try to get enough leather to avoid the issue of clothing altogether, but yeah. Apparently I am derp.

The tag to set up workflow for coke production would be nice too ;; I have a lot of lignite but I don't want my guy to be smelting it all the time.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: DFHack workflow - item names
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 06:56:43 pm »

Easier to not mess with the names. Add the following to dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Alt-A@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workshop-job
keybinding add Alt-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workflow
keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status"
This makes it so that:
  • Alt+A when Querying a building will allow you to modify materials for the selected job (e.g. make it so that one only makes granite blocks)
  • Alt+W when Querying a building will allow you to view and set Workflow limits for the selected job's outputs
  • Alt+W when in the status (Z) screen will allow to view and change Workflow limits for the entire fortress
Note the first line is only marginally related to Workflow, but helps immensely
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack workflow - item names
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 07:57:06 pm »

Oh man that sounds kind of awesome. Less messing with the DFHack command box. I like it. Thank-you!
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.