Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress, described in the 1000 most used words  (Read 1020 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress, described in the 1000 most used words
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:04:46 am »

I don't know where else to share this, sorry.

People to Arm okay: God of Blood Part 2: Little People Big House is a game where the player play as the person who control little people in a weird world which is different every time they make a world. The player control the little people in their big house to make the big house have lots of money and power.  The stories that come from the game interest people,  but they don't like how hard the game is. The game's idea gave the idea for a guy to make "Mine and make things". It was picked with other games to be put in the Past Building of New Art to show the past of game in 2012.

The game's pictures are letters and the player don't have to do anything. Before being played, the player has to make worlds with big lands, waters and past. The important way to play the game, Big House Way, is about picking a good place from the world the player made, making a good big house, fighting bad animals, make money and taking care of little people. Each little person has their own way that their mind work, and they like or hate things and are good at some things. The other way to play the game, Get Into Trouble way, is a game where you play in turns where the player start off as someone who decide to get in trouble and go around the world and get eaten by bad animals, do things, or even visit big houses. The fighting way use body parts, talking about body parts getting hurt.

The guy who made Little People Big House used to work on a game called People to Arm Okay which was a game where you pretend to be a person. By 2004, the guy decided to make Little People Big House after the other game became hard to make. The guy calls the game as his life's work and said in 2011, that the game will not be whole for at least another 20 years, and even then he would still work on it. The game has weird people following and a group of people who talk about it. Because you can't finish the game, every big house, no matter how much money they have, will die. So people say that "Losing is Fun!".
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress, described in the 1000 most used words
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:00:19 am »

It is magnificent.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 11:02:29 am »

Wait what.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 11:36:56 pm »

*applause*  I saw a similar write-up describing all the parts in a space ship rocket.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 04:16:22 am »

*applause*  I saw a similar write-up describing all the parts in a space ship rocket.
I wrote that from a text editor based on that comic strip, actually! http://splasho.com/upgoer5/
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 05:11:20 am »

I'm really glad this is one of the first things I saw in the morning.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 06:04:56 am »

This is also technically true for me, though it is, to my chagrin, not yet subjectively morning.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com