Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Syndrome/temperature/kinetic gas woes  (Read 1820 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Syndrome/temperature/kinetic gas woes
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »

Just the raws should suffice

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 07:20:47 pm »

ok.so... How do I give you it?
"When you wake in the morning, consider suicide."
BY ARMOK WHO KEEPS LEAVING CORPSES IN ALL THE FRIGGIN DOORWAYS?!?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 08:25:28 pm »

ok.so... How do I give you it?
can upload it to DFFD or Google Drive or Dropbox and send me the link to the DL

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 10:20:37 pm »

yup got it i'll try to have a look tommorrow, as it's late here and tis the work week. If the link is still here I might be able to just look at the Raws on my break and see if I can debug it from there

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 08:42:10 am »

Unable to test it currently, because at work. But for the frostfire material I changed it's temps to
[MELTING_POINT:4000][BOILING_POINT:4001][MAT_FIXED_TEMP:4002]
Which most natural things start to take dmg around 9900 (regarding cold)

and in the custom Lexta creature, Angel caste I changed the material emission interaction to say vapor instead of gas. You could have been getting the worse luck with inhaled syndromes and since it's resistible I cannot test these changes to frost fire or the creature, but with it using vapor it will coat itself and it's target (but it is immune to the spell anyways) and it should apply the syndrome, and just boil off which may or may not be inhaled for round two.

Going to keep looking and see what else I can find

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 06:50:02 pm »

instead of using the material template to define the FROSTFIRE I defined it in the creature manually, and changed it to vapor. I got the effect to apply, something about using the material template is not playing nice apparently. Could be the reason why all vanilla creatures define their syndromes in the creature, I'm guessing Syndromes are not a MATERIAL_TEMPLATE token, yet didn't error for some reason since it is a material type.

So to get your syndromes to start working define them in the creature, only use a template to quickly setup the other numbers (SHEAR, FRACTURE, etc)

as for the pushing and dmg I had to make my own custom hurts donut
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a very Specialized interaction where it fires multiple types of projectiles, the caster normally dies from using it, I had created a landmine creature that you could pasture and it would hide, ambushing invaders with this nasty suprise

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 10:36:20 am »

ach sorry I was deprived of my computer for a while.

And... That... is a bit hard for me, since I still dont know how to define materials properly in creature. I cant actually look over this carefully right now so im in a bit of a rush, so uh, I'll look over this more carefully and properly respond when I get the chance.

Thanks for the help though.

(side note; do we know why the thermal energy and cold attacks arent damaging anything yet?)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 10:57:43 am »

to define the material in a creature it's as simple as this:
Code: [Select]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE] -- Right from Giant Desert Scorpion
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant desert scorpion venom]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant desert scorpion venom]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:giant desert scorpion venom]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:giant desert scorpion venom]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling giant desert scorpion venom]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling giant desert scorpion venom]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:giant desert scorpion sting]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SCORPION_DESERT_GIANT:ALL]
[SYN_INJECTED]
Closest thing I've got to a neurotoxin is making the brain and spine rot.  Stay out of the savage deserts!
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_TYPE:THOUGHT:ALL:BP:BY_TYPE:NERVOUS:ALL:START:30:PEAK:60:END:1200]
Now it looks like you made a template for *all* your materials and used it that way, so it might be best to find something generic to customize in the creature like "CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE" and just modify what you need changed (name, melting points, etc)

If you need this material to be used by more than one, try making it an inorganic. I might show in stockpiles but I think there is a tag to prevent it from showing, for my Mod I have my own system similar to Modest Mod and Masterwork (generic materials) so I have a special creature that houses most of my materials (to side step the stockpile issue)

And as for temperature based attacks I personally have had little to no luck myself (altho several other modders have made freezing breath attacks that do cause frostbite/cold dmg) so Saddly that is something I'm still working on I think it's because I have it boil away too fast and might have to stagger the MELTING point and BOILING point further apart and manage the SPEC_HEAT better (I think that's the value that lets it heat up/cool down at a certain rate. Have to read up on it on the wiki some more)

Lots of things to tackle regarding temperature attacks, but at least you can get your Syndromes working now. That's 1 out of 2

EDIT:
by the way [PREFIX:NONE] in the material removes the added "creauture name, material name" right now you have "Lexta Angel's Frost Fire" when you probably just want "Frost Fire"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:59:20 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 12:02:18 pm »

I remember I once had a working creature that had a 'LIQUID_GLOB' emission called plasmatic flare at 50k degrees urist, which basically instantly incinerated whatever body part it hit.

anyways though, I usually work with inorganics and dont really do material templates much (only jsut started using them on this creature). I had inorganic versions of the things, but it didnt seem to work- I thynk that maybe inorganics cant have syndromes? (that would be really dissapointing actually I wanted poison swords). Either way, the main reason I had so many material templates was because I was not entirely sure how they worked. I could just use a different template for each individually defined material though, right?

I'm wary of further editting to my creature files though. Its sorta a disorganized mess because I was having trouble getting the proper body plans and the lyke into the proper castes.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 12:23:07 pm »

Inorganics can have Syndromes, however it seems being eaten, splattered on the creature (coated), injected into the blood, inhaled is the only way to apply the syndrome (next to DF hack however I stay away from it for personal reasons) also if the syndrome is [ENTERS_BLOOD] and is coating a weapon and attacks with said weapon that can shear/cut a VASCULAR tissue will apply the syndrome. If the material is solid or said a "Sword" it get's magically held (Temperatures still transfers, don't hold magma) but since the sword just cuts it's not really contacting in the way the syndrome needs. I know if you search this board for "DOOM BOLTS" or something like that you will find special metals that melt when they are stuckin a target and apply their deadly syndromes.

I had an inorganic that was Sulfuric Acid (or did but it didn't stockpile right because it wasn't a creature extract, it was inorganic, so converted it) that it's wasn't hot, just liquid at room temp, and a contact syndrome of the local area of bleeding, pain, and necrosis (closest I could get) worked great.

But I've never did it with a Material_Template before which is why it took me so long to trouble shoot this (never had the issue before) and if you want I can either
a. fix up "1" creature of yours to a new complex way that works and looks nice so you have a template and understanding to follow or
b. I can find one of my complex creatures that I've done and share it's layout with you.
NOTE: These will be how I do it, and make it work nice. Doesn't mean it is the only and right way to do it, just my way for organization and application.

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 12:36:21 pm »

I thynk I could figure it out myself if I could just have the creature layed out in a logical format and still have the proper body parts for each caste... I could do that myself though, I mean, I just need to figure out what causes the breath attacks to malfunction then I'll do the rest of the work myself.

On a side note, does that mean that I cant have specialized demon-slaying weapons that apply syndromes with slashing? cause thats really dissapointing, I wanted a lunite weapon which would only apply syndromes to Darkspawn, Voidborn, and Corrupted Avatars (none of which have been added yet...)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 12:45:54 pm »

Yeah sadly the Metal as a weapon won't do anything, you can make them take a material impact modifier (look at ware beasts) and they can take more dmg from your custom metals

MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER
Level: Caste   
Material token
A:B
Set the force multiplier of a specific material against the creature to A/B. For example, 10:1 multiplies the force by 10.

[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:IRON:10:1]

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 12:54:30 pm »

wait seriously? thats great. Now I know how to make Cyrhodalatchys stronger than adamantine (cyrhodalatchys is supposed to be the best material ever, but you have to use materials you can only get from megabeasts to make it)

btw I had some trouble with organic reaction components but I'll go into that later.
Pages: 1 [2]