Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killing your dwarves  (Read 2491 times)

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing your dwarves
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 12:12:55 pm »

From what I've seen, desensitization only seems to happen when (a) a unit witnesses an actual death (as opposed to merely seeing a dead body), (b) the death is of a sapient being, and (c) the witness is *in combat* (whether or not it struck the killing blow) when it witnesses the death.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 12:50:15 pm »

Welp I retired the fort. I'm going to explore it with adventurer and then reclaim it with a military presence. The were dwarf myseriously died, I'm not sure why,mthe reports are clean
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 02:45:02 pm »

Just deny them food and drink and go about the business of recovery. If you don't want to worry about the building or retrieving the dead, just lock it up, build six slabs while they're alive, and engrave the honorable dead on them as they die.

Werecreatures transform before the effects of starvation/dehydration become deadly, which resets their food/thirst counter.

It's like a good old-fashioned witch trial: put them all in a closed room and the one who die of hunger were not infected :)

TheBrisbyMouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 12:09:13 pm »

Here's an idea.

When one turns into a werebeast, his size increases. You can set pressure plates up to where they don't trigger for anything dwarf sized, but trigger for werebeasts. You can set up 5-10 4x1 rooms(magma safe) with drawbridges to hold in the "patients", floor bars to recover the magma, pressure plate set to the correct size, wired to a floodgate with magma behind it. Dwarf turns, goes to the floodgate to try to break it, steps on the plate, and goes bye-bye. Once the corpse is destroyed, the pressure plate un-triggers, and the magma goes out through the floor. Open the drawbridge, and it's ready to be used again. Looks like this:
G= Bridge
W= Wall
F= Floor bars
f=Floor
_=Pressure Plate
~=Magma
X=Floodgate

fWWW~
fGF_X~
fWWW~

Would that work?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 04:08:47 am »

Good thinking, but no prize, I think. While in were form weres are trap avoiders. Points for innovative thinking, though.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 12:16:57 pm »

itg built a device that triggered when the unit transformed, but it worked by detecting the transition from trapavoid to non-trapavoid.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 06:18:51 pm »

Why not a danger room with actual sharp spears or training spears?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 [2]