Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [spoiler] Beginning my first good metal and hot water manufacture  (Read 914 times)

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
[spoiler] Beginning my first good metal and hot water manufacture
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:53:19 am »

I think that i'm finnaly getting good at dwarf fortress mode :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:59:59 pm by Aleksanderus »
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Beginning my first adamantine and magma manufacture
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 09:58:06 am »

Those forges seem somewhat vulnerable to magma critters. You'll probably want at least a wall around them, if you weren't already planning one.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:01:31 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:51:11 am »

It's usually best to dig a channel from the magma pool to an area some tiles away for use in smelters and forges.  Magma crabs have the tendency to fire at dwarves that are standing around an open magma pipe.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:16:09 pm »

I build a pump to extract the magma (through a fortification) then through a floodgate that is later sealed to prevent magma men getting at my civilians.  They're very easy to kill, but their fire attack can lay waste to an entire fort.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 12:56:26 pm »

Might want to insert "[Spoiler]" in the title and replace "adamantine" with "candy." Almost everybody on the forums knows quite a bit about spoiler-prone content in the game, but there are always a few new people who don't.

But congrats! I've never really done that much with adamantine...never had enough security to deal with it in large quantities, and it's such a pain in the butt to manufacture :P

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:25 pm »

Might want to insert "[Spoiler]" in the title and replace "adamantine" with "candy." Almost everybody on the forums knows quite a bit about spoiler-prone content in the game, but there are always a few new people who don't.

But congrats! I've never really done that much with adamantine...never had enough security to deal with it in large quantities, and it's such a pain in the butt to manufacture :P
it's not really a lot of refined adamantine becouse I'm only beginning to mine and melt it
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 09:13:22 pm »

It's only a spoiler if you talk about the consequences. The ore itself is listed under economic stones before you even find it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [spoiler] Beginning my first good metal and hot water manufacture
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 09:25:50 pm »

Fair enough. Adamantine itself is sort of uncertain ground.