Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Non-sentient creatures shouldn't automatically target the head once unconscious.  (Read 3264 times)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it would be best if the AI was given a bit of randomness when it comes to attacking any enemy, in addition to the body part priority and difficulty in hitting calculation.  The head would be the most likely target, but there would be a chance of attacking somewhere else too.  This would prevent problems like a creature constantly attacking the steel-helmeted head of an unconscious enemy when they could very easily kill them by attacking their unarmored torso.

+1 to this one. Ideally, the AI should be able to tell if an attack is actually effective or not - while accounting for the creature's intelligence and other such factors when determining how it should proceed.

But I don't see the combat AI being overhauled in such a fashion for a very long time, so just adding some randomness into the mix would be the best short-term solution.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.
Pages: 1 [2]