Poll

Time Period?

Industrial (1800-1950)
- 3 (23.1%)
Future (2030+)
- 2 (15.4%)
Mixed (Industrial to Future)
- 3 (23.1%)
Steampunk (Steampunk + Industrial added up, whichever is higher among the two)
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Politico [Taking Players]  (Read 4967 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Politico [Taking Players]
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2015, 09:22:03 am »

Black lives matter.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politico [Taking Players]
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2015, 02:19:23 am »

Year 1422, May

[ I've been taking a break from the forums, but I should be on regularly again. Since it's been so long and I don't really remember what's up, I'm going to ad hoc the game for the next turn, maybe more. In essence, I'm skipping calculations and focusing on building a roleplay base for now. With any luck, I can get some of you guys started; seems there isn't alot of enthusiasm or people just don't know what to post. ]

[ Regardless of whether or not you have a sheet, any players who desire to may post roleplay actions. Still follow the general guidelines (if a nation, post nation actions; if a character, post an action and respond multiple times before the turn's over). I'll hammer out details regarding sheets and the like later, but for now I'd just like to get the game running. If you want to post something but are unsure where to start, feel free to post or PM me for a starting situation. ]

News
Quote from: Local Events, all
There are no major events this month. Check last month's report for the last ups and comings.

Nations
Quote from: Risyrr, Taricus
With plans drawn up for new Regulars, many powerful nobles feel threatened by the state's shift to militarization and the notion of the standing army. Several have urged the wise and powerful Lord Protector to reconsider, instead putting his trust in the levies and retinues of the nobility. Though not a massive problem in itself, their opposition to these new plans have sparked noncompliance among the lower class. It seems there may be a bit of difficulty finding volunteers for these new military units.

A civilian by the name of Raddus Thompson has been put in charge of constructing a proper university for the state. He shows much promise, though it's still unclear which direction he plans to take the construction efforts in. In any case, he doesn't work cheap...

In other news, Durvil and the grand state of Risyrr have formed a non-aggression treaty. This must be a sign of great things to come between the two nations! Many of the more democratic-minded citizens are excited over what possibilities are in store for Risyrr, and the potential for some of Durvil's republican ideas to seep into the political system. What nonsense!

Through significant industrial subsidies and investment in the country's infrastructure, the private sector of Risyrr has managed to grow despite its leanings toward state control. Better yet, many of the growing industries are manufacturers - promising news for the country's industrial output.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]