Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: kids, are they really children? or just mini adult dorfs?  (Read 3110 times)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: kids, are they really children? or just mini adult dorfs?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 05:37:20 am »

Hmm, does pulping still work against inorganic materials, e.g. Bronze Colossus?

In a word, no. But the dwarves will try it nevertheless.

Rocky and metallic foes will all probably be too hard to dent with bare fists. Anything made out of flesh or some brittle material will eventually succumb if the child manages to dodge attacks long enough to do enough damage.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Fawnek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: kids, are they really children? or just mini adult dorfs?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 09:51:21 pm »

I heard a story about a fortress that got destroyed by demons where almost everybody was killed instantly, except for one child who managed to keep dodging all the attacks of the demon horde for a whole 8 months. Migrants even showed up and quickly died to demons, but the kid kept dodging. I'd guess they ended up starting with maximum agility, spatial sense, and kinesthetic sense and then just got incredibly lucky until eventually they reached legendary skill and just kept on going. So yeah, children are basically small adults, their attributes are at the same level as an average adult dwarf so you can very easily end up with 1 year olds that can kill adults with just their fists.
is it known in the bugs or no? ill go check if not ill make it so the children get beaten like they deserve.
Bug?

I'd wager that if you were a 6 storey tall mass of smoke and hate you'd have a hard time grabbing, let alone hitting a greased up tiny 6 year old.
maybe but i'm talking about a larger muscular version of the child, not a 6 story bronze monster.
We all have an Urist in our lives.
Pages: 1 [2]