Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Song City: Duels Of Death (Multiplayer(0/8)/SG)  (Read 903 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Song City: Duels Of Death (Multiplayer(0/8)/SG)
« on: September 01, 2015, 07:41:01 pm »

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Concept (click to show/hide)
I'm not sure if anyone has created an entire RTD or whatever based on this but hay, its inspired by The Warrens of Oric The Awesome. What could go wrong?
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Song City: Duels Of Death (Multiplayer(0/8)/SG)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:01:51 pm »

In
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:53:46 pm »

I want to join this (I have read a bit of WoOtA, but not to the dance off part.) but I mostly post on bay12 via my phone, and thus cannot see images, may you please put the the rules in text please?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:40:53 pm »

I want to join this (I have read a bit of WoOtA, but not to the dance off part.) but I mostly post on bay12 via my phone, and thus cannot see images, may you please put the the rules in text please?

Here are the actual parts that matter. All images thus-far are just part of quotes from WoOtA.

"GROOVE MATRIX ACTIVATED

A GROOVE BATTLE initiates. The rules are as follows:

Each turn, along with a normal combat action, the GROOVE BATTLERS can choose a song - any song - and link to it here. Once consensus on a song has been reached, the song will grant the GROOVE BATTLER who chose it a temporary bonus, ability or similar boon.

Instead of HP, the battlers work to deplete each others' GROOVE MATRIX. Choosing particularly action- or situation-appropriate themes fills your GROOVE MATRIX, but taking damage depletes it!

If your GROOVE MATRIX fills to the top, you'll execute a SPECIAL MOVE!

Ready, set, GROOVE!"(Quote from FFS without the actual quotation block)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:59 pm »

Yep, gonna join this! Question, are we our avatars, or do we get to pick characters from other fiction?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:19:38 pm »

You get to create a character. Choose the backstory, choose their trates (I will roll your character for stats if stats are even included in game. It will probably just be luck/ my majority song preference determining  how everything goes.)