Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Point-and-click movement in adventure mode  (Read 750 times)

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Point-and-click movement in adventure mode
« on: September 03, 2015, 09:48:01 am »

Sometimes, adventure mode is horribly slow, like when I visit a retired fortress or a Dark Fortress. Very low FPS. I have to wait for my character to move to the next square for like 5-10 seconds! I have to keep waiting and clicking.

Furthermore, some of the constructions are a real pain to navigate. It takes trial-and-error to find my way to the bottom of some dark fortress, it takes more trial-and-error to remember how to go back.

So I want the game to have a point-and-click movement for adventure mode, where I can just click a tile where I want to walk, and my character will walk there. If my character gets attacked by something, the process is interrupted. Like I order my squads around in Fortress Mode. And I can just sit back and wait until my character walks from point A to point B in this horribly slow area.

I've tried to automate the process of walking in low FPS by creating macros in the game, but it didn't work. It's like the game gives out the movement macros fast, but the game just takes 10 seconds to process the first command and ignores the rest, because it's too busy with the first one.

If there is a mod for this or an alternate solution to low FPS annoyance, I'll be happy to hear it.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Point-and-click movement in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 06:56:59 pm »

This would be good for a toggleable option, but you should only be able to go so far with clicking. Maybe 3 tiles away, regardless of elevation.