Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McFalcon, Captain of the Marksdwarves  (Read 598 times)

dmatter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist McFalcon, Captain of the Marksdwarves
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:44:55 pm »

In my most recent fort I managed to accidentally dig into the third cavern layer while setting up my magma forges. I, of course, checked u and noticed a voracious cave crawler. Crap. I went to work walling it up (I had already set up several forges and magma furnaces). However, before anyone could really get down there the cave crawler decided that my proficient weapon smith looked like a dwarven happy meal (which comes with a side of iron swords). Luckily my weapon smith was cowardly and ran away (into the cavern *facepalms*) and all that was left was Liu Qi, a marksdwarf I hadn't placed into an army quite yet. I set up a burrow in the stairwell leading to the magma forge area (I always set up doors and cage traps in advance), hoping they'd draw back and I'd be able to catch the cave crawler.

However, Liu Qi was having none of that. Urist McDiesPainfully decided he was going to fist fight the cave crawler, mumbling something about "Show me your moves." I just shrugged and figured the poor stupid fellow was dead, but as I watched the fight unfold Liu Qi just kept dodging. Liu Qi Captain Falcon managed to eventually hit the cave crawler in the head, bruising the brain :o. I'm now tempted to put Captain Falcon into his/her own squad, and send them out to any conflict just cause I can. Goblin siege? Captain Falcon. Forgotten Beast? Captain  Falcon. Only problem is that the war dogs might confuse him with an animal person and then all my war dogs will be dead  :-\ .

hyperman500

• Bay Watcher
  • I endorse all exploits!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McFalcon, Captain of the Marksdwarves
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 02:48:40 pm »

Lol, you should use dfhack to take control of him and land a flying knee on something.

If the system isn't overly complicated and utterly convoluted it clearly isn't Dwarfy enough to make.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: Urist McFalcon, Captain of the Marksdwarves
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:48:10 pm »

Three words:

Crazy. Minecart. Races.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.