Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Succession game idea: Make EVERYTHING the fortress.  (Read 632 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Succession game idea: Make EVERYTHING the fortress.
« on: August 19, 2015, 03:13:57 am »

EDIT: Proper thread is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152677.0

Anyone up for this? Basically, the goal is to incorporate every single visible tile into the fortress in some way, requiring every exposed tile to be worked in some way before moving down to the next objective. I'm thinking the milestones would be this:

1. Surface is claimed. All soil has been channeled away, except for map edges and what is needed to farm. Tree farms must be entirely enclosed with constructed or smoothed walls (roof of bridges if trees won't grow on tiles marked "Inside"). All exposed stone has been smoothed.
(Optional 1.5. Area around fortress proper has been completely channeled out except for access points, possibly with engravings on all outer walls. Ground should be at least three tiles away from the fort at all times.)
2. First cavern layer claimed. Must have at least one dining room, stockpile, and four functioning workshops built somewhere with direct cavern access.
3. As 2, but with the second layer.
4. As 2, but with the third.
5. Magma sea has been colonized and should have a fully independant fort at the level. (As in, locking it forever would allow at least two dwarves to survive until death by old age.)
6. An outpost has been constructed in Hell. Total reclamation can wait indefinitely (as demons will never stop spawning, making any sort of living space difficult to create.
7. As 2, but created as high as possible above the fortress proper, or fortress proper is extended to meet this requirement.

I'm thinking a volcano embark with a couple unfriendly neighbors, possibly with modded civs in play to increase !!FUN!! potential.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:16:02 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Succession game idea: Make EVERYTHING the fortress.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:33:18 am »

ME WANA GO!!! It sou7nds really fun!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Succession game idea: Make EVERYTHING the fortress.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:07:18 pm »

i thinksss i would like that...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.