Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Completely replace an entry in an already genned world?  (Read 581 times)

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Completely replace an entry in an already genned world?
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:50:05 am »

So I found a perfect site for my fortress. Good aligned forest for unicorn farms, shallow and deep metals, clay, river and no aquifer, in a site easily accessible by all civs. However, I forgot to add a custom creature I wanted, and after adding it to the raws genning using the same seed doesn't make the same world anymore.

Can I simply take the entry of an already exiting creature in the raws of the genned world, like cavy, and then override it with the raws for my creature? I want my zebra farms.

Also, are there utilities to modify dwarf personalities? I want to customise a few dwarves. Also increase number of embark dwarves, if possible.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:09:46 am by Kaiser Reinhard »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Completely replace an entry in an already genned world?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 05:57:29 am »

What exactly do you want to do? I'm pretty sure you can add entirely new creatures into an already existing game. I definitely wouldn't replace cavies though. Cavies are domestic animals, and I expect the game might just crash if you changed them to a completely different thing because a bunch of civilizations would be expected to have access to them, but they wouldn't. It's possible you could replace some insignificant creature, but again that might cause some weird stuff so I wouldn't go there.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 06:01:47 am »

Entirely new creatures are new entries, and I'm pretty sure that requires a new world. I might test making them COMMON_DOMESTIC as well an see if I can embark with them.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 06:08:45 am »

To my understanding the only things that require new worlds are any entity modifications as those are just completely ignored before world generation. As well as some other things which cause crashes, like adding appearance modifiers to a body part of a creature which didn't have appearance modifiers before, and looking at a historical figure that was generated before the change was made. That's the only one I know of, but I suspect that replacing a creature with a completely different one, especially a domestic creature might cause that as well. Anyway, what creature do you want to add?
EDIT:Okay turns out you can't add new creatures to an existing world. It would still be good to know what you want to add.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:10:37 am by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia