Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Linux] soundSense with no sound?  (Read 1708 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
[Linux] soundSense with no sound?
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:57:44 am »

Hello,
I am kind of new to Linux so I had a lot of trouble trying to run Dwarf fortress alone but I managed to do it with some help from various posts on the internet,
So now after everything is running thanks for "lxterminal -e" (without the quotes) command I managed to run mostly everything.
At the moment I am running soundSense.sh that has all the sound pack installed and is connected to the game-log in my dwarf fortress folder.
But as I am playing the game after restarting it because there was no sound (I disabled the original music of DF for soundSense) I noticed that soundSense tells me it is playing some music but you cant hear it.
the volume is up in soundSense to 6 and my PC volume is also but you cant hear any sound from soundSense.
It says in terminal "Exception with ./packs/system/Radakan - Moldan chase over (success).mp3: javax.sound.sampled.LineUnavailableException: null"
Funny thing is I did click "Soundpack update" in soundsense and waited for it to finish before running, so the files should be there =P.
Can anyone help me please?