Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Who the hell is this "Armok" guy anyway?  (Read 6810 times)

jimjulius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who the hell is this "Armok" guy anyway?
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 08:13:21 am »

I think Armok is what drives the players to enjoy the chaos and suffering caused in the DF universe as a "game".

They have their gods, and each player is the "over god" or creator god of each DF universe, creating and destroying worlds and gods at our whims or the sake of our own entertainment.

Armok is that part of human nature that makes us enjoy it. Bloodlust and desire for carnage, or at least to persevere in the face of carnage.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 04:10:37 am »

*bumps for the bump god!*
You might be right.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 03:04:50 pm »

Me: Hmm. Back after a couple of weeks, what happened with that thread I ma - HOLY FUCK.

Bay12Forums: lol

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 03:14:33 pm »

Me: Hmm. Back after a couple of weeks, what happened with that thread I ma - HOLY FUCK.

Bay12Forums: lol
You Win A Cookie!!!!!
No Guarantees Are Made As To The Existence Of Any Cookie, Nor As To Whether Said Cookie Is Simply A Means For Armok To Assume A Human Host And Wreak !!FUN!! And CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!! Across The Face Of The Earth, With His Loyal Subject And Defeater Of Shoes, Scamps.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 03:31:47 pm »

Armok isn't an entity. Armok is a status. A status of having working arms.
This. Not only does etymology agree, but it makes sense in concept too. Think about it, working arms are near-crucial to draw blood, or keep your own inside you. Those who manage to become legendary at biting and kicking have had to meet and rise above a challenge from Armok. You may not consciously know it, but there's a reason why you unconsciously find those fighters more interesting that the others.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 10:48:59 pm »

So biters have transcended the "normal" way of combat and thus are no longer... Slaves to Armok?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2015, 01:34:05 am »

Slaves to Armnotok.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]