Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Abysmal stats??  (Read 1164 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Abysmal stats??
« on: July 09, 2015, 06:01:00 am »

So, I was just traveling as a vampire, not really stopping to feed since I didn't have to, when "Thirsty" went to "Thirsty!" I noticed I was moving a little slower. After checking my stats I saw all of my superelven stats were still superelven, but then I saw that Creativity, Patience, Memory, Musicality, Empathy, and Social Awareness were all at Abysmal. I've never even seen this! I drank blood from the next traveler I encountered and my speed returned to normal, but all the Abysmal stats are still Abysmal. I really couldn't care less about any of them besides Memory, which was previously Above Average. What happened to my stats!?
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Abysmal stats??
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:19:35 am »

I'm pretty sure it's just the grading metric that changed. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I think it doubles your racial average for everything when it doubles your physical attributes. I believe the previous stat caps remain in place for any further attribute gains. In other words, you probably won't be able to train your soul attributes up to "superelven" but they'll be the same value they would have been otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:30:25 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 06:19:51 pm »

Nah because I've been a vampire for 3 years now and these changes are very recent.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 06:37:40 am »

Maybe more blood needs drinking? Anyway, what does memory even do?
One wheel short of a wagon

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 07:41:03 am »

There's a rumor that it helps you remember the layout of sites you've been to previously better, but I haven't heard any source for this and I think I'd have to see one before believing it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 12:09:43 pm »

There's a rumor that it helps you remember the layout of sites you've been to previously better, but I haven't heard any source for this and I think I'd have to see one before believing it.
If your memory is bad enough, you might forget things' layouts as you explore them. This has happened to me before. I don't think having high memory helps you remember places after you leave and come back, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 07:37:27 pm »

Yeah, it has to do with remembering the layout of various places. I've definitely noticed some scaling in that regard as far as my memory stat.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0