Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Personality Traits  (Read 570 times)

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Personality Traits
« on: July 06, 2015, 01:30:22 pm »

Quite a lot of dwarves in my newest fortress have personality traits which are on either end of the scale, but then my second to last migrant popped up with a personality looking like this:

1 "highest" trait, 1 "lowest" trait, 4 "very high" traits, 1 "very low" trait, ...
Feels quite unusual and like it should be extremly rare to me, so I was wondering how likely it is to have more extreme personality trait values like this?

I'd also be interested in some overall advice on the effects of traits, for example I know that the "perfectionist" is good for engraving...buuut...what else?
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Personality Traits
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »

Anywhere on the scale of 1 to 100 on a personality trait is equally likely to occur in a creature without modified personality values. I think dwarves are a bit less bashful a bit more greedy on average, but only barely and they still have the highest and lowest ends of that possible.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Personality Traits
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:49:56 pm »

Pretty sure that after experimenting with marrying off dwarves, that a negatively valued 'emotionally obsessive' trait makes friendships impossible, and thus romance and marriage are impossible (or very very rare) as well.