Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hazordhu II: The Golden Age  (Read 1927 times)

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
  • I am the stone that the builder refused.
    • View Profile
Hazordhu II: The Golden Age
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:07:25 am »

Hazordhu II: The Golden Age
Prelaunch BETA testing
From ImposingGames:

Currently our focus is into developing new MODS for the game Hazordhu II by F0lak. Although we also have other amazing projects underway, we would like to reintroduce the Hazordhu game to large spectrum of players. The game was open sourced
and we decided to take the game and attempt to breathe life into. We will consistently try to make constant updates
and include a great quality experience.

From F0lak:
In the world of Hazordhu, you immerse yourself into a fun and friendly role-play environment that holds within it an entirely player-developed land.
New players choose from 4 human heritages,3 orc heritages and 2 dwarf heritages.
Once in the world, players can create their own story by creating towns, tools, weapons, hunting and farming for their survival, or trading with others to get what they need.
Players can form groups with friends to make specially-colored clothing, create group-only items and buildings, and make their mark as a group in this open world.

Gameplay: Hazordhu II is an open world sandbox survival game. Over 400 craftable items. You have free realm to build anywhere you want and claim territory. Hazordhu II can be played alone or with a group. You must scavange for materials to survive hunger and thirst.

Launch Date: July 25th, 2015

This will include a huge expansive update to the game.

So until then gather your friends, guildmates, factions and prepare to conquer the game.

http://www.byond.com/games/f0lak/hazordhu

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:
http://games.imposinghosting.com/

There have been previous OP about this. But this is a completely different version of the game, featuring a completely
different map, new items, races, and creatures.

They see me trollin,they hatin moderatin' 'n' trying to catch me posting dirty.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hazordhu II: The Golden Age
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 02:38:29 am »

I remember this. I played for a few weeks, built a large compound piece by piece over the course, almost got banned for burning down my old shed and logged in one day to see a smoldering pile of ash and dead cows where my house used to be. Fun times.

There was an invincibility bug with playing as your progeny, have you fixed that? Kind of ruined the family thing it tried to do when your kids would be able to stand in a lava pool and manfight dragons no prob.

Any way, looking forward to giving this a try when you're done.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:11:56 pm »

I remember playing the complete crap out of this with other B12ers a while ago. It was fun as hell, definitely watching this.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 11:22:43 pm »

I did enjoy my time in Hazordhu II. Normally I don't do a lot of RP. What eventually drove me away was the content of that RP though. It mainly involved infiltrating people's settlements so you could open their doors and smash the place up and steal anything they'd stockpiled. And that was playing as a group. Playing solo was like playing Little House on the Prairie where everyone wants to burn your house down. I remember RPing isolationist dwarves which didn't go over so hot with the rest of the community and made us a magnet for attention. I spent a lot of my time telling new characters showing up at our gates to go away, and standing guard while bands of orc players just waited for everyone to go away so they could smash open the gates.

The exploration was decently fun though, as was finding and controlling those spell thingies.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:44:41 pm »

Not quite sure about the invincibility bug, I will look for it. If you would like to log in and report, we have a hub where we store reported bugs. New management, Until the actual launch of the game, role-play will not be as strict. Admins will be involved more on a positive  spectrum of game play. Also completely new map and we also have PVP zones. So there is a lot of content undiscovered folks.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 01:25:23 pm »

PVP zones? Wasn't it always full PvP?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

Yeah. The new map is basically a bunch of islands, and if you die you don't lose gear or anything, just respawn. If you go off map, it's going to go to a pvp zone that you lose items and such at.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 09:34:17 pm »

Before there were RP rules in the previous version that was enforced. Until Launch, RP rules aren't as strict currently.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:07:47 pm by Mikeche »

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 02:13:37 pm »

UPDATE:

*Fixed 21 Bugs
*Added more items
*Fixed Runtime Errors