Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Universal Menagerie (~/5)  (Read 7050 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Menagerie (~/5)
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2015, 01:33:03 am »

Feliciti sighs. "An animal native to our home planet. Their milk is very good when properly processed. Kuma seem to enjoy it straight."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2015, 05:23:01 am »

((I hope that guy left us a number or something. How the hell am I supposed to get paid if I can't get in contact with him? He didn't tell me what time to show up at bay 14.))

I need to ask Jeeves a few questions, but not here. People are listening. So let's beat it, fellas.

Head back to the ship.

Jeeves, I expect you were listening on my comm, at least I hope so else you must need to delete your cache. So did you get all that? What the hell does he mean about the zaffroons, do you think? There's no way you're wrong about it, so what's his beef? My guess is the people who own this place, this station, want to keep it quiet, and they're willing to do anything to keep their business from running off. Are these pests dangerous enough that no one would ever come here again if their existence became common knowledge?

Read the crate numbers.

Jeeves can you look these up, or maybe hazard a guess as to their contents or the size of the crates? I need to know what kind of hardware we'll need to move these.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2015, 07:53:53 am »

Firewatch left a few credits on the table - probably overpaying - and hurried to follow James.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2015, 10:35:39 am »

"Right... sorry.
I guess I'll have HIS BLOOD water..?"
Black lives matter.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2015, 10:52:37 am »

((I hope that guy left us a number or something. How the hell am I supposed to get paid if I can't get in contact with him? He didn't tell me what time to show up at bay 14.))

I need to ask Jeeves a few questions, but not here. People are listening. So let's beat it, fellas.

Head back to the ship.

Jeeves, I expect you were listening on my comm, at least I hope so else you must need to delete your cache. So did you get all that? What the hell does he mean about the zaffroons, do you think? There's no way you're wrong about it, so what's his beef? My guess is the people who own this place, this station, want to keep it quiet, and they're willing to do anything to keep their business from running off. Are these pests dangerous enough that no one would ever come here again if their existence became common knowledge?

Read the crate numbers.

Jeeves can you look these up, or maybe hazard a guess as to their contents or the size of the crates? I need to know what kind of hardware we'll need to move these.

((On the crate number paper there is a meeting time and place. You're supposed to bring a tag off one of the boxes. So says the note))

Zaffroons are a quarantine level five threat. Any station or planet with a zaffroon infestation is a no fly zone and under the intergalactic health treatise on undead, zaffroon hives are to be destroyed. The prescribed method of destruction is complete planetary atomization. Direct contact with a zaffroon causes a large shock, destroying flesh and electronics, that has a 0 survival chance. The zaffroon will then drag your corpse to the nest and construct more zaffroon out of it. So no, no one would ever come here again. Largely because this station will be destroyed upon Captain Winston's confirmation of a zaffroon threat.

These crates contain a variety of bio-hazardous substances. They should be movable with the typical equipment. Albeit, you must be careful as to not cause any of the containers to break during transit. That would be quite dangerous.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:52:26 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2015, 06:04:39 pm »

Well this is sounding more stupidly dangerous by the minute. How exciting. Jeeves, what can you tell me about that guy I was talking to? The one with the drinking problem.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2015, 06:50:31 pm »

He is an unremarkable piece of sleeze trying to make a quick buck and find a better place to scam people. The profits from this deal will get him out of this infested hell hole before it and everyone in it is destroyed.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2015, 07:01:09 pm »

We could make even more of his "profit" if we gave him a ride. What are the travel rates around here? I'll undercut them next time I see him. I was asleep when we came into port. Can you remind me of the customs measures around here?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:03:47 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2015, 09:07:55 pm »

Swee looked at the skitterers that he'd created, rather dissatisfied with the way they'd turned out. Still, there was always a little room for improvement....

Redesign: Recombine all components and create the following pair of forms.

Before beginning: Excise the hippocampus and store it within Swee.

Form 1: The Scout. Base of the scout is a single arm. Migrate all fingers and toes onto this appendage, as well as the associated musculature. Arranger fingers and toes on the bottom of the creature to function as legs.   Use a significant (~75%) portion of the host's occipital and temporal lobes as well as one eyeball, one ear, and the bulk of the olfactory system to give the thing a decent set of senses. Make room within what would have originally been the upper arm to house the voicebox and a single lung. Provide enough brain function for the limb to understand simple commands. (Naturally, without a hippocampus, it can't retain these commands without constant auto-repetition, but it should be enough.) 

Form 2: the Porter. Rearrange all remaining limbs to be at equidistant points along the torso. Splice spinal column so that the head is now underslung from the porter's tripedal structure. Sever the stomach's connection to the esophagus, moving the stomach so that it's covered by a thick flap of skin and requires manual feeding. Split open stomach cavity, stretch skin and muscle walls to the furthest extent possible, reinforcing with some of the plastic in order to create an openable and exceptionally capacious cavity. Reconnect esophagus to this cavity. On the head, break the jawbone in multiple places, then band it back together in an extended configuration using plastic chunks. Jaws should be able to swallow objects of considerable size to be eaten and passed into the holding cavity via peristalsis. use spliced out bits of spine to lengthen neck so that the head can eat things off the ground. Dole out enough brain to reactivate the most primitive segments related to the consumption of food and the ability to receive simple commands. Do not include much in the way of pain reception, particularly not for the esophagus.

Tl;dr: Create High-Octane Nightmare Fuel creatures.

After: Search for any other nearby addicts. Failing to find any, head to the salvage ring.

((I'm now feeling slightly bad for that addict.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2015, 11:44:45 pm »

We could make even more of his "profit" if we gave him a ride. What are the travel rates around here? I'll undercut them next time I see him. I was asleep when we came into port. Can you remind me of the customs measures around here?

Customs are: "Approved by Zydra's lackeys. You probably will have to give him a ride since he hasn't given you the contact information of meet-up information for our new cargo."

Swee looked at the skitterers that he'd created, rather dissatisfied with the way they'd turned out. Still, there was always a little room for improvement....

Redesign: Recombine all components and create the following pair of forms.

Before beginning: Excise the hippocampus and store it within Swee.

Form 1: The Scout. Base of the scout is a single arm. Migrate all fingers and toes onto this appendage, as well as the associated musculature. Arranger fingers and toes on the bottom of the creature to function as legs.   Use a significant (~75%) portion of the host's occipital and temporal lobes as well as one eyeball, one ear, and the bulk of the olfactory system to give the thing a decent set of senses. Make room within what would have originally been the upper arm to house the voicebox and a single lung. Provide enough brain function for the limb to understand simple commands. (Naturally, without a hippocampus, it can't retain these commands without constant auto-repetition, but it should be enough.) 

Form 2: the Porter. Rearrange all remaining limbs to be at equidistant points along the torso. Splice spinal column so that the head is now underslung from the porter's tripedal structure. Sever the stomach's connection to the esophagus, moving the stomach so that it's covered by a thick flap of skin and requires manual feeding. Split open stomach cavity, stretch skin and muscle walls to the furthest extent possible, reinforcing with some of the plastic in order to create an openable and exceptionally capacious cavity. Reconnect esophagus to this cavity. On the head, break the jawbone in multiple places, then band it back together in an extended configuration using plastic chunks. Jaws should be able to swallow objects of considerable size to be eaten and passed into the holding cavity via peristalsis. use spliced out bits of spine to lengthen neck so that the head can eat things off the ground. Dole out enough brain to reactivate the most primitive segments related to the consumption of food and the ability to receive simple commands. Do not include much in the way of pain reception, particularly not for the esophagus.

Tl;dr: Create High-Octane Nightmare Fuel creatures.

After: Search for any other nearby addicts. Failing to find any, head to the salvage ring.

((I'm now feeling slightly bad for that addict.))

You gain one damaged hippocampus. You're also successful at the creation of a Scout and Porter. Neither can hear or see very well since they each only have one ear and eye, but its decent enough. Both have mouths, but the porter has no voice box. It also runs out of breath pretty quickly. You're finding that improvised and divided parts are no match for the original thing. You're also finding that the lack of hippocampus to be a problem for both constructs, without it, the creature's memory is seconds long and you must chant commands almost continuously. No other addicts are around. The hippocampus's memories make you feel worse for this downtrodden man.

((I'm trying to keep your creature's functioning as scientifically accurate as I can. Mostly because I'm currently working on a degree in cognitive science and I find your exploits to be interesting and entertaining.))

@ The players in the bar, keep doin' what you're doin'. Looks good to me, but let me know if you want me to throw something interesting your way.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »

Nothing left to do but wait.

Chill out at the ship until an hour before the time comes to go get the loot.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2015, 07:37:30 pm »

((Is it too late to join, if one can find a reasonable method to find one's self here?  Also, is magic actually a thing?  I've not exactly seen any but you did say fantasy.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2015, 07:39:15 pm »

DD is also at the ship.

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN HELP WITH?

((Gonna be away for a week or so.))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:04:55 pm by Pencil_Art »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]