Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Life stories and results  (Read 1137 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Life stories and results
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »

- deleted -

I think I know what i'm going to do next. First i'll say it won't be anything violent since I feel I still have quite a long (and hopefully) enjoyable life ahead of me. Although at 20 I do hope I can find happiness in my life unlike others.

What i'm looking for is more friends that are not home bodies or forumites (not that I don't like these people but..ya know.). As for how i'm going to deal with the bullies, I'm going to be as successful as possible and then rub it in their faces when I see them again.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:29:39 pm by 3man75 »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life stories and results
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:03:03 pm »

My impression is that many here on bay12 have had to deal with bullying, though yours sounds more intense than usual. If you'd posted this 5 years ago, it would have been easier to reply. Now that you're an adult, going and punching those people in the face is more likely to have negative consequences. It's probably not a popular opinion and I know that school administrators will do everything they can to manipulate into staying a passive little punching bag, but psychologically I think it's very healthy on some level to physically assert and defend yourself in a bullying situation. Not only does it end the bullying, because they mostly only seem to pick on people who don't defend themselves, but it also asserts in your mind that you can and will stand up for yourself and won't allow people to cross a certain line. Simply knowing that affects you in a way that other people can pick up on. Maybe one guy ever picked on you for your teeth. The rest of them probably picked on you because somehow they knew you'd make a good target. Learning to not be a target is valuable.

I realize that doesn't help you, since again, it's a little late to suggest that you fight back. But I'm not sure what you're asking for. People not happy with their lives is unfortunately very common. People post here every few weeks  because they don't have friends they can talk to, aren't happy with their lives, themselves, their situation, etc.

So you have a lot of company. But what exactly is it you want? If somebody asks for directions, it's a lot easier to give them when they tell you where they want to go.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Life stories and results
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 05:04:58 pm »

My own two cents is this: I dealt with bullies from a very young age, starting in elementary school. I took martial arts classes as a result. I never ended up getting in a fight or having to (ab)use these lessons against said bullies, likely due to an increase in self confidence. We both grew up, the bullying stopped, and I never encountered it even as I moved on to a different middle and high school, as I didn't present myself as a bully-able target.

Either that, or I was too weird and/or insane to bully in my later school years. But it was a comforting thought that I could quickly end a fight that was started with the intent of harming me then and there, on what basically amounted to muscle memory. Maybe that came from the confidence and self esteem, but it could've been a result of the crazy as well.

I honestly haven't thought much of the people who bullied me since, as I've since moved on and grown up enough to the point that I have more pressing concerns, such as whether or not to buy the Fallout 4 Collectors edition. Knowing what I do of this person, they are likely still in the tiny, dare I say podunk, town the elementary school was in, likely as a mechanic of some sort. I do not say this with malice, or much of any emotion really, as if that is what he wanted to do, he accomplished his dream separately, and we are different people from what we were then. Hell, we might even end up as friends, but it's unlikely that we would end up crossing paths.

The point of the above is this: Don't dwell on it, and move on, as unless you work or go to school with these people directly and on a daily basis there's little chance of encountering them as the years roll by. Find something that inspires your confidence and self-worth. Unfortunately, this will need to be done on your own or with the help of real life friends and family, as without knowing you personally I can't really recommend much. And don't just live for the revenge of rubbing it in their faces, live for yourself first and foremost. Living for revenge and anger, for striking back at the ones you perceive as wronging you, just makes for a toxic life that self perpetuates, and that's no way to live.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.