Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I think I'm missing something  (Read 960 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
I think I'm missing something
« on: June 25, 2015, 05:57:38 am »

I've looked through my raws and noticed that I have no vampires, when I went to look through the Legends, I noticed I only had -one- night creature, which I'm assuming must be a necromancer I've missed. I also noticed that my cave spider silk raws are screwy, they're over 600% more effective than iron, which is insane. Did I get a bad download or something? I'm using the lazy newb pack.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm missing something
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 08:20:37 am »

Well, for one thing, vamps aren't in your normal raws. Vampires, werebeasts, night creatures, necromancers, bogeymen, vault guardians, demons, FBs, titans, and maybe a few more are all randomly generated every world.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 10:14:38 am »

Ah, alright. Is there a way to mod vampire raws, then?

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:21:36 am »

Vampires are just interactions applied to creatures. You have an example of such interaction in your DF/raw/interaction examples folder.
You can make a custom vampire interaction, and it'll be used by the game. If you want to replace the vanilla vampires, you can set the number of generated interactions and creatures when you create a world using the "advanced parameters" option.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:34:21 am »

Vampires are just interactions applied to creatures. You have an example of such interaction in your DF/raw/interaction examples folder.
You can make a custom vampire interaction, and it'll be used by the game. If you want to replace the vanilla vampires, you can set the number of generated interactions and creatures when you create a world using the "advanced parameters" option.

Ah cheers. I started playing DF like 4 days ago, it's... a bit much to learn, lol. I can feel the elitism beginning to flow through my veins already. My disdain for casuals has never been higher

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:13:57 pm »

Ah, check out the Modding subforum > Mod Releases > Dark Ages thread, that's got a lot of fun stuff that'll scare the crap out of you like vampires and demons and all sorts of other nasty beasties.

If you set vampires/werebeasts/secrets to 0 and add in your own versions they will be the only ones around in the world, if you add your own and leave the random ones in then you'll have even more of them running around.