Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread  (Read 739 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
« on: June 22, 2015, 11:43:48 am »

Because I went 5 pages down the forum and couldn't find a thread for it, and well, there are silly questions that don't quite merit a whole thread for themselves.

Speaking of which, lemme start:

I've been trying to find a cliche/trope/quote that came to mind that goes something like: "I only had my own wits to rely on.", I think mostly commonly used in rather Noir works, and, I do believe, is occasionally parodied by adding something that makes their troubles far less problematic, something like: "I only had my own wits and unlimited cosmic power to rely on.".

Anyone knows what I'm talking about? It's gnawing on my brain but I've not been able to find neither the original one nor the parodies.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:47:40 am »

I hate to be that guy, but...
Not that I actually mind having two threads for this. I just need to beat everyone else to pointing out the old one. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:29:28 pm »

I hate to be that guy, but...
Not that I actually mind having two threads for this. I just need to beat everyone else to pointing out the old one. :P
Ehh, I think I'm currently sucking on finding what I'm searching, no matter what it is. :P Moving the question there, I guess this thread can be close then.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.