Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vegatative Dwarves  (Read 671 times)

GreatMantisShrimp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Vegatative Dwarves
« on: August 08, 2015, 01:36:16 pm »

Would it be possible or feasible to mod in a syndrome that makes a dwarve permanently paralyzed and in need of medical care? Will it prevent nobles from making mandates?

It'd be very interesting and fun to have a bunch of useless vegetable dwarves you need to take care of constantly.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vegatative Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 03:00:47 pm »

i believe adding Nostun,and putting the dwarf to sleep will cause it to go into a "coma"
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 07:30:09 am »

Has this bug been never fixed?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 01:48:47 pm »

Has this bug been never fixed?
Not as far as I know.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 05:31:55 pm »

Spoiler:  Try this: (click to show/hide)

If a creature's brain stops working, it falls over and eventually suffocates. NOBREATHE stops that, but the subject can still somehow see and will react to enemies, so sight has to go as well. They may still attempt to wriggle about trying to do things, so you need to paralyze them to keep them in place. Do all that, and you get a plump helmet man dwarfgtable.

If you omit NOBREATHE, These effects could be used to stop and kill any creature that requires a brain and lungs to survive. What you use it for, and how you administer it, is entirely up to you.

Edit: fixed a copypasta typo. Also, I don't know if it will stop a noble from making demands or mandates, as I only just cobbled this together from a 'kill anything' interaction. Doesn't work as advertsided; Bronze colossi fall down and can't stand back up, but they still come for you.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:43:35 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.