Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jumping  (Read 695 times)

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
Jumping
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:46:49 pm »

I made a super op creature to test the limits of size, strength, speed etc.
so jumping is basically a dash and you gain no height (unless you find your self sailing off a cliff) and strength and mass have no effect with jumping (a weak block of slade jumps the same distance as a wooden juggernaut with super strength and agi) is there a way to edit raws to increase the jump distance and height?

sorry if something similar has been posted, but i searched and didn't find any thing
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:01:20 pm »

Jumping is harcoded, you can't change anything.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:06:00 pm »

Have you tried adjusting the gait numbers to make your mongrel run faster than an Exocet?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 07:36:40 pm »

https://github.com/maxthyme/dfstuff/blob/master/launch.lua :D

You pick a direction with the look cursor and run the script, boing, you go that way and land on your feet. If you pick a spot too far away it kinda hurts when you land, so be careful.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately there isn't a way to make npc's use it, it's basically an adventurer usable version of Roses propel.lua script, though it also lets you fling other people if you're fighting them, target a multi-attack, aim the cursor and run launch, unpause a tick and away they go.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:42:25 pm by Max™ »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 04:44:34 am »

thanks, it seems DF hack saves me once again

yep, it has no effect
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 08:10:33 am »

Yus, I spent a lot of time trying to find some way to adjust the values for jumps.

The closest I ever got was stuff like manually editing myself to be a few times up in the air and editing the jump end position to be further away, which was even cludgier and lamer than it sounds. Realized that Roses propel script would do what I was hoping for if I could figure out how to make it work for adventurers and it is so fun. Then Rumrusher added the ability to hurl enemies through the air, it took a while til I could resist the urge to do that to everyone I met.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 11:56:20 am »

sounds fun  ;)

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.