Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nonstandard Creation (Bone, Skin, Sand, ect)  (Read 784 times)

GradeA

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Nonstandard Creation (Bone, Skin, Sand, ect)
« on: June 07, 2015, 11:30:02 pm »

I've been looking to expand the free material reactions section on the wiki, and since I've most maps produce no where near enough bones to properly festoon a fortress in the grim remains of the dead, I figured that would be an excellent place to start. The problem being, I'm not sure what Item Token to use. Corpsepiece does not work. I'm honestly not sure what WOULD work, hence why I'm here.

*Edit* As for things like Sand... let me beat my head against one problem at a time. I'm all for collecting suggestions on other things you want the option to create.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nonstandard Creation (Bone, Skin, Sand, ect)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:24:37 am »

Yeah no CORPSEPIECE items get super weird when they stop being part of some specific carcass. And then the basic bone carving reactions specifically want those and nothing else will do.

The simplest solution I can think of would be to make the corpse of a creature solely made of bones, but I don't have much faith that even CORPSE products work right.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »

Sand is a POWDER_MISC IIRC

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:37:04 am »

It is, I create sand all the time.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS