Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mod Orphanage  (Read 2573 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Orphanage
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 08:31:33 pm »

This Star Wars mod would need to be updated. I have a problematic addiction to SW.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 12:03:27 am »

I don't have a mod to suggest, but thanks for doing this Meph! This sort of stuff makes me really appreciate the people who take time to create the mods for this game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 05:39:30 am »

This Star Wars mod would need to be updated. I have a problematic addiction to SW.

"Updated" isn't quite right. That's from pre-0.31, so it's more just making a new mod from the ground up.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 06:18:50 am »

I thoroughly support this project. If you wish me to, I could trawl through the board to get a list of the outdated mods.
Sure, if you know any good ones, please let me know. All I need is name, link and maybe mentioning the version number. As Putnam rightly said, some things might be too old, redoing them would be less work than updating.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 02:25:24 pm »

I thoroughly support this project. If you wish me to, I could trawl through the board to get a list of the outdated mods.
Sure, if you know any good ones, please let me know. All I need is name, link and maybe mentioning the version number. As Putnam rightly said, some things might be too old, redoing them would be less work than updating.
Yeah, anything pre-0.31 is probably not worth reviving, since so much has changed between 40d and 0.31. I'll either edit this post or create another one with deceased mods.

EDIT: As a note, if the authors are still around and posting, even if they haven't updated the mods, I chose not to include them. In those cases its best to ask the authors themselves first.

Warhammer Mod. I'm tempted to restart this project. I contributed to it, but looking back it reminds me of how bad I used to be at modding. I'd scrap the beastmen (my contribution) and port pretty much most of the rest, fixing a few things like ASCII tiles (some have wonky background colours. I tend to stick by the notion that, unless you got a really good reason to do otherwise, backgrounds should be black). I think I will restart the project as soon as I port this, and set up the thread for anyone to contribute if they wish to. Only graphical version still exists, ASCII was deleted from DFFD by the looks of it. Looks like I rambled a bit there, sorry. EDIT2: Contacted SDood who appears to have been mantaining it.

Bonfire mod. Is there anything like this by someone else these days? If not, could be worth to port it. Small mod.

Lore/AdventureQuest mod. Ieb left a note stating that anyone who wants to revive it free to do so in the thread itself.

More to be edited in.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:37:50 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 03:42:05 pm »

I see no reason for the bonfire mod not to work in the latest version, except for the firewood tree that I don't have any idea why it exists. Its reagent lines are also malformed, which doesn't actually matter since the way it's malformed makes it use wood as intended anyway.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 07:05:36 pm »

I'd like to see a Star Wars mod too. I'd like to see it star jawas or maybe ewoks.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 01:14:54 am »

Fortress Defense II

And, well, this. The best mod ever.

Honorable mention:
Cthulhu Mythos
DDD, even though it's part of Dark Ages now. Kind of?
Pages: 1 [2]