Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: D&D DF??  (Read 2717 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
D&D DF??
« on: May 29, 2015, 12:17:22 pm »

Has anyone made or heard of someone making a DF based around dungeons and dragons? I know their both fantasy, but if you've ever played D&D then you know there are a huge number of monsters and races and spells and whatnot.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: D&D DF??
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 12:30:39 pm »

Yes, there are a couple, but the DnD combat system cant be imported. True looking for the creature names.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:34:31 pm »

Aww, I was hoping this was going the other way and someone had made rules for DF style combat in D&D.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 03:12:46 pm »

A lot of the creatures are owned by Wizards of the Coast and they are pretty fierce about protecting that copyright, IIRC. Anything in the SRD should be fine to add, though. Hell, gui/hack-wish is named such because it was initially an attempt at implementing the Wish spell as closely as I possibly could, until I realized that the GUI-based item spawning is damn good already.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »

Aww, I was hoping this was going the other way and someone had made rules for DF style combat in D&D.
That's Rolemaster :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 10:41:41 am »

I'm not looking to publish anything or infringe any copyrights, just want purple worms, and driders attacking my fortress (i just want creature raws, nothing else). However I couldn't find any mod that had more than a few creatures. So its likely that I'll have to go through my monster manual and make some.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 08:34:17 am »

I got driders and drows in Masterwork for 34.11. Once I got a dwarven queen who was cursed in worldgen and turned into a drider. She caused quite some confusion when she arrived at the fortress. There are 2 stand-alone drow mods too. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 10:19:49 am »

I'm not looking to publish anything or infringe any copyrights, just want purple worms, and driders attacking my fortress (i just want creature raws, nothing else). However I couldn't find any mod that had more than a few creatures. So its likely that I'll have to go through my monster manual and make some.
You could just pick up a monster manual and start writing the creatures. I may end up doing that if I don't end up abandoning the idea as I am prone to.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:46:23 am »

There is a Forgotten Realms-themed mod, though I haven't played it.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 01:07:27 am »

I have a first edition D&D monster manual that I could scan to pdf and send to you (Meph) if you would want that.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 12:33:27 pm »

Try the rpg called Sword Path Glory.