Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Melt Cheating  (Read 3625 times)

Inevitability

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Melt Cheating
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 05:13:47 pm »

They're just converting the energy from the glowing pits that keeps the HFS from collapsing under its own weight to matter.
No violation of physics involved at all.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 05:24:24 pm »

They're just converting the energy from the glowing pits that keeps the HFS from collapsing under its own weight to matter.

Is that how it works?

Somehow I always thought of it as the metal getting some horrible dwarf-based mold on it, and as dwarves continue to handle it, more and more of the nasty stuff gets incorporated into the metal, causing the metal to seem to multiply in volume, when in reality you probably shouldn't use that for anything that's going to come into contact with food.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 10:51:36 pm »

Is that how it works?

Somehow I always thought of it as the metal getting some horrible dwarf-based mold on it, and as dwarves continue to handle it, more and more of the nasty stuff gets incorporated into the metal, causing the metal to seem to multiply in volume, when in reality you probably shouldn't use that for anything that's going to come into contact with food.

HAH!

Personally, I see it as the dwarves "crystalizing" the target metal out of the magma...which admittedly only makes sense if you attach the workshop to the magma sea.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 [2]