Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: kobold diplomat for the elves  (Read 4231 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: kobold diplomat for the elves
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 03:16:34 pm »

Perhaps this is an oversight, and diplomats are hardcoded to produce these dialogues irregardless of their actual ability to communicate. I imagine the elves trained this Kobold to be able to speak entirely (and exclusively) in diplomatic platitudes.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 03:28:05 pm »

I wish the game wouldn't have bugged or have some hardcoded unfun stuff getting in the way, as it would have been much more hilarious to have that elven kobold diplomat going to meet your dwarves, say un-understandable things then leave satisfied of himself, while your dwarves would look at him leaving .

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »

Nah, like I said before, the kobold just squeeks and gestures in an imitation/mockery of elven customs, and all dwarves know the "furious elf grimaces and waves his arms around while screaming about trees" dance by now. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »

Nah, like I said before, the kobold just squeeks and gestures in an imitation/mockery of elven customs, and all dwarves know the "furious elf grimaces and waves his arms around while screaming about trees" dance by now. 
Its lack of comprehension makes it the perfect elf-dwarf liaison, as it is physically incapable of offending them.

a troglodyte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »

I wish the game wouldn't have bugged or have some hardcoded unfun stuff getting in the way, as it would have been much more hilarious to have that elven kobold diplomat going to meet your dwarves, say un-understandable things then leave satisfied of himself, while your dwarves would look at him leaving .
Sounds exactly like regular Elven diplomat meetings, to be honest.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 11:12:35 pm »

"Stunted kind" she says. Maybe she doesn't realize she's not an elf? Nobody has the heart to tell her. Laughs stifled. Snickers held back with watering eyes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:15:15 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 [2]