Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is the best armor set up?  (Read 1580 times)

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is the best armor set up?
« on: June 10, 2015, 10:24:35 am »

Hi I am wondering what is the best armor set up as I have heard that candy is not the ideal material for all of the different pieces of armor as it has such a low density.  So what is the best armor set up like clothing socks armor shirts greaves etc etc.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best armor set up?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 03:02:20 pm »

From what I understand, steel is better than adamantine for chainmail, while adamantine is better for rigid armour. It doesn't matter what your shield is made of unless you're bashing people with it, in which case steel would be best.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:40:20 am »

It doesn't matter what your shield is made of unless you're bashing people with it, in which case steel would be best.
Copper is better for bashing. It's heavier and cheaper.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 02:46:11 am »

Candy helm/breastplate/gauntlets/greaves/high boots
Steel mail
Silver war hammer/mace/maul/morning star (or platinum artifact, copper and steel are passable) candy axe/sword/spear/great axe
Candy or featherwood shield for general purpose blocking, copper/silver/platinum shield for bashing, iron and steel are good general use+occasional bashing materials

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:35:17 pm »

Candy helm/breastplate/gauntlets/greaves/high boots
Steel mail
Silver war hammer/mace/maul/morning star (or platinum artifact, copper and steel are passable) candy axe/sword/spear/great axe
Candy or featherwood shield for general purpose blocking, copper/silver/platinum shield for bashing, iron and steel are good general use+occasional bashing materials

thanks for this it is really useful.  As i am using your mod with dragon bone would it change what is the best material for each item or would it simply just replace the steel mail?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 05:18:23 pm »

Dragon stuff is just a bit better than steel, it's heavier mainly and some of the properties are a bit more candy-like, if you have steel stuff rock it, if you got masterwork hydra and dragon bones toys to play with, awesome. Though I incorporated a lot of ideas from Stal's Armoury (very neat mod btw) which is why I did the little things like the more sensible upper/lower greaves, hauberks, and such for the displayed names. The main thing I got from him was the rebalanced armor thickness/coverage/layering ideology.

Much thicker plate, heavier stuff, but it restricts what you can wear, tried to make sure outer layers/underarmor layers were more sensible too but I was inserting it into the vanilla format so I didn't change as much as he did.

Hmmm, later I think I'll set up a couple artifake'D arena test matches actually. Try out the variations with the thicker armor and materials.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:20:13 pm by Max™ »