Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skyforge - Crucible of the Gods, August 11!  (Read 4346 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Skyforge - Crucible of the Gods, August 11!
« on: July 07, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »

http://sf.my.com/gb/news/announcements/crucible-gods-massive-update-coming-august-11
https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55c0bea337986052e4e64eff?page=1
https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55c4b38937986052e4e67069?page=1

The first big patch is imminent!

Major Features:

• Divine Form
  • Distortions
  • Invasions
  • Anomalies
  • Raids
  • Prestige Scaling
  • PvP consolidation

This means a lot more dynamic content, shorter queue times, and more opportunities for outstanding loot!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:49:25 am by Folly »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skyforge - Open Beta starts July 16th!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »

You sold me at 'co-op'. I've heard the name thrown around but I always thought people meant that game with the sky whales. Gonna have to check this out.

EDIT: looking at their 'about' page, it almost sounds like they're trying to make Dark Souls type combat? I could get behind that, but I'd have to see a video to see what they're really doing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:48:09 pm by OzyTheSage »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 09:32:20 pm »

I wouldn't really compare it to Dark Souls, though there are some similarities. Combat is real-time, no skill-queueing or button-mashing. And there's no dedicated healers, so dodging and blocking enemy attacks is critical.

I'd compare it more closely to Guild Wars 2 or Wildstar, but with more emphasis on live events and time-limited scenarios, and a lot more unique classes to play around with. Or Warframe, with more focus on melee combat and less on guns.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 09:51:39 pm »

Your link is completely broken.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 10:04:46 pm »

Healing is done via little yellow spheres that the enemies occasionally drop, a la Diablo 3. You have to pick them up before they disappear, though. And you need to pick them up, because enemies are seriously deadly there. Even common "trash" mobs can kill you if you're not careful.
._.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 10:04:44 am »

One more day until the doors open to the public. I've been playing the head-start for the last week and enjoying it, but I look forward to seeing all the new people tomorrow!

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:37 am »

one thing i wonder about at the moment is, what happens when a prestige (?) 20000 guy teams up with a fresh new character and play one of the first maps... will the prestige 20000 guy be "overpowered and one shot everything" or will he be scaled down similar to how guildwars 2 does it?

with how their stats and "levels" (prestige?) are working it shouldnt be a problem at all to scale higher "level" players down so the party has an even-ish powerlevel.
maybe the 20000 guy with a 3000 and a 2000 guy in a party would end up scaled down to 2200, 2200, 2000 with enemies at 2200-2000 or something.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:48:46 am by Nelia Hawk »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 09:44:24 pm »

Scaling players down depending on what area they were in was probably one of the better design choices in GW2, it made visiting and playing through each race's starting areas actually fun because you got all your cool gadgets and skills but you didn't deal insane amounts of damage or oneshot everything. This enables you to play through the game, and have friends join in later and allow you to play with them without making things boring. More MMOs should adopt that mechanic.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Skyforge - Open Beta has started!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 05:47:26 pm »

The gunner class looks nicely OP. I guess it depends on how they scale, but DPS seems to be taken care of. Single target, multi, lock-on, AoE. Pretty much everything.

They didn't seem to have virtually any CC, but party with a cryomage or a berserker and you're laughing. At least you've got semi-easy avoidance of AoE and telegraphed attacks (way easier than a mêlée character anyway).

Are they as damaging as they seem?
It's a game. Have fun.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 09:25:01 pm »

Aww dick. Has anybody been playing this? I meant to look into it but completely forgot about it until, funnily enough, I happened across a Google ad.
For those who have played it, are you liking it? I might get around to downloading it at some point just to try it out but initial opinions would still be welcome.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 11:47:44 pm »

I'm still playing. I've got a Slayer that's almost maxed and does great dps in both pvp and pve. I'm about halfway through the Lightbinder tree, and just starting to unlock the fun stuff.

The game overall is quite grindy and repetitive, but with enough variety in stages and enemies to keep it from getting getting tedious too quickly. I'm loving the aesthetics, with lots of sexy clothes and  exotic environments and a general sci-fantasy theme.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 12:46:36 am »

I've been enjoying it quite a bit

I've also been playing slayer and loving every pvp filled moment of it :P

If anybody is interested in playing with a group, we have a clan going on the US server

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »

I've played a bit of kinetic, pretty neat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skyforge - Crucible of the Gods, August 11!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 03:49:45 am »

Getting excited for the first big update!