"Standard Party"
- 2 (22.2%)
"Don"
- 1 (11.1%)
"Hybrid"
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Gangs of Lorraine-RPG: GAME START!  (Read 12051 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Gangs of Lorraine-RPG: GAME START!
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2015, 02:26:03 pm »

((Oh, okay. Stop joining demon cults, Stirk! :P
EDIT: wait, I did an exact search. It seems to be the same thing.))

((Ok, so it really was misspelled...))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:40 pm »

((No worries, that actually is an alternate spelling, although it's not used much at all.))
thincake

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2015, 04:42:16 pm »

((Alright, is everyone still active? And, if so, is everyone fine with me starting the next day?))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2015, 04:49:10 pm »

((Fine by me.))
thincake

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2015, 10:07:59 pm »

((Here.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2015, 09:56:48 am »

((Yup.))
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2015, 03:51:48 pm »

((Great! Here we go, hope I can remember what was going on....))

The sun rises over Lorraine after everyone (presumably) gets some kind of rest. As always, new rumors float through the town. An entire medium-sized gang was wiped out in a single night, leaving behind no evidence but the bodies. Again, this attack was attributed to the same government forces of yesterday. Some Gangs have offered a bounty on any information related to this organization, assuming the evidence can be proven. The rumors expand on the other story as well. They say that the Elves created a group of "changelings" who can steal anyone's face. They also say that the changelings have a set of codewords to tell the police who they really are, and if you say these codewords to an officer, they will walk away no questions asked letting you get away with any crime. As always, rumors are only rumors....

No, wait for day to break.

You here much more personalized rumors, of course. There are a few whisperings about your assault against the police last night amongst the general population, though you have to look for them and they don't say much. Your men have heard other rumors about it, some of which they may have unintentionally invented themselves. The rumors state that the officer who saw your men is having trouble explaining what they looked like to non-orc officers, thus is forming an all-orc taskforce to go against you. Other rumors state that he wasn't able to get a clear picture because of the strong smell of gunpowder around your men. Finally, in an unrelated rumor, word around town is that a tall humanoid in a trench coat is asking around about you in particular. Rumor says he wants to talk with you, and he identifies himself as "Lucky" to anyone who asks.

Your men continue to brew the alchol with no issues. Everything is going Ducky.

Answer the mask question by telling Vincent and Carshe they're free to wear them. Unless, of course, I order it.
Commend the more practical members on their thinking and tell them we can get started on that tomorrow. For now, everyone's free to go back home. We'll meet back here tomorrow morning.

We'll get a run sooner or later, but until then feel free to do whatever you do while you're not on group business, barring the meeting tomorrow of course. I'll contact you if there's something that needs doing, though.

Lacking any rumors about your gang to listen to, your listening parts pick up on rumors about your new base. Some say that it is a sacred Elvish graveyard, with trees as the headstones. They also say that it is haunted by their spirits, and any who defile it will be killed swiftly. Others say that it is simply a park, carved out long ago and forgotten by the Elves who now go for less-wholesome entertainment. Some even say that it is the base for a bunch of bug-like intelligent humanoids, who sleep in the trees and are just waiting to do something illegal.

Some of your men, the ones who suggested the work, arrive with supplies at the base in the morning. They ask what specific improvements you want done,  making a few of their own suggestions in addition to the ones from last night. A few of the more popular ones are traps, hallowed-out tree storage spaces, and tree-houses.

Hire some dwarves to fix up the church.
Send some of my men to try and intimidate some business owners into paying me protection money.

When the workers are hired, they should be paid the average price for such restoration, giving them a bonus for repairing the building early. THey
should also be warned that if the reparied parts deteriorate fast, they will be... punished.

Look for unaffiliated tough guys to recruit.

Many of the rumors you here are concentrated in your group, rather than the public at large. Your men chat about the man who was captured. Some of the rumors, stemming from people who didn't like him much, say that he sung like a canary and a stool pigeon combined, giving away all the information about you that he could manage with little prompting. Others, his close friends, say he said nothing despite harsh torture he is still undergoing, and that he probably bit his tongue off already to keep from talking. Your attack on the noble, presumably, wasn't reported to the public at large.

Neither your attempt to get protection money or the architect hiring go well, unfortunately. Most refuse to work for anything near average pay, insisting that they are the best in the district and that it would be an insult to pay them less. A few that where willing to work for the price offered where generally either scared away or insulted by the implied threat of violence. Meanwhile, as your men muscle into the stores, they find nobody is willing to give them money after the implied threats. Many of the local dwarves yell at them angrily as they attempt to, dropping names of local gangsters who supposedly supply them as they pull out their own shotguns and battle axes from hidden locations. For some reason, your men just didn't seem threatening enough today.

However, your recruitment efforts do go fairly exceptionally well. A group of humans recently arrived in Lorraine, who where once a street gang back home. They grew up and decided to go to a bigger pond, only to find themselves in over their head. They would be glad to join a bigger gain for a small cut of the cheddar, and are already equipped and trained from their former life of crime. (Offer: -1 Profit. +2 Manpower)

Both the protection racket and Dwarf hiring go poorly, unfortunatly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2015, 01:17:03 pm »

SUBTLE BUMP SUBTLE BUMP SUBTLE BUMP!!!!!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2015, 01:59:24 pm »

((I'll get a post up, forgot you'd updated :P))
thincake

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2015, 02:26:06 pm »

Hire the thugs and the architects, lay low for a while, wait for daytime.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2015, 04:39:36 pm »

baboomp?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]